Another one bites the dust...

Open PUA discussion

Another one bites the dust...

Postby IsiMan84 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 pm

I expected a high turnover rate for people trying to get into the PUA lifestyle, but damn. The only guys I've seen more than once are the ones that show up for the presentations or events.

I get messages from forum guys all the time wanting to meet up, or I'll respond to a "I could use a wing" post. After meeting up I'll try to get in some approaches, and eventually they dip out early and I never see or hear from them again. I think most guys look at this stuff as a novelty and don't realize what it actually takes to run with the big boys.

Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to put the work in. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift this heavy...ass...weight! I'll do it though! Yeahhhhh buddy! Wooooo! Time to bleed!

Seriously...if you're going to talk about some PUA stuff you read that one time and don't plan on actually approaching, or linger around me as I approach (women notice that shit), I'm walking away. Or maybe I'll suddenly decide my pet fish needs to be fed. Either way, you get the picture.
IsiMan84
PUA

Re: Another one bites the dust...

Postby voyager » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

I just finished reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Now I'm going to find a spotter, and head out to the gym to stare at the weights a bit. After I fail to work up enough nerve, I'm gonna go home tail between my legs. And then later tell I'll people how I'm a powerlifter. I mean hey, I've still done more than most people who just say that they want to get in shape. ...There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

Yes, I am as frustrated as you are when people don't realize that results require work! It's true for FUCKING ANYTHING. It's easier for people to believe that they are missing some sort of genetic x-factor than to swallow the truth that they are too fucking lazy to work for what they want.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Bull Run » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:05 pm

This is definitely one of the most common complaints guys that have game have in the community. There truly is nothing more annoying than having some guy you don't really know latch on to you all night when you're trying to run game. I mean you're being accomodating and friendly by agreeing to meet up with them at all. And then they just stand around and pick your brain without doing any real work.

The absolute worst though is when you have a bit of a reputation for understanding and/or being good at game and people try to meet up with you for the sole purpose of watching you work. So creepy. And, like you said, women can sense that shit.

Having open invitations as you and Trimuvirate commonly have is awesome and helps the community immensely. But, part of what comes with the territory is the understanding that you're going to have some real hopeless causes meet up with you. There are some guys that are just too far gone to be good at this or have such an immense hole to dig out of that they've got an insane amount of work to do just to be halfway decent.

I envy you guys for your enthusiasm and eagerness. It takes a lot of energy and drive to be willing to go out as much as you guys do and to be willing to take a chance and roll the dice on some random stranger you've never met in person. The place you guys are in is a super fun place man. Truly some of the best years of my life were spent like that. Enjoy it guys.

I would say that the dynamic IsiMan is talking about is the number one reason why cliques form in the community. You meet certain guys that are good, cool, and normal and you just surround yourself with those guys. When extending random, open invitations on the boards you have to understand that you never know what's on the other end of the keyboard.

But, here's the upside for you. For every guy you meet that you know isn't willing to do the work, you realize there's just one more guy that isn't even close to being competitive with you the market place of the flesh. The more guys you meet that are clueless and hopeless and/or unwilling to do the work necessary for success the more confidence you'll have as a PUA. It's sad for them but that just means more pussy for you.
The difference is indifference.
Bull Run
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:22 am

you never really know why they dipped out. Maybe they were uncomfortable with the deal and realized it's not for them. Maybe they didn't like your particular style. A large percentage of guys won't hang with me b/c I'm too good at it, and my women are out of their league, and they know I could take almost anything away from them if I want. Most guys I wont hang with b/c they would lower my social value by their dress, appearance, game, whatever.

If you stay in pick up very long you will go through a lot of wings, if having one is your thing. I would recommend it b/c group think among women typically is, be cautious of the lone wolf. and it makes a lot of sense. I'm not real big on women clubbing alone. I had great luck on one wing with craigslist. strictly plutonic section. I met him 2 years ago and still hang with him some. He was mid 30's, just getting out of a divorce of 12 years. he was a total disaster at first, but about a year later and clubbing probably 3 or 4 nights per month with me,he's doing quite well now. It's kind of funny b/c I would have kicked him to the curb after our first night but he does remodeling stuff for a living and I needed him to do some stuff around my house over the course of about a year so I sort of kept him around, got some good deals on the work, and come to find out he's a bit of a chick-magnet, albeit not exactly 10's. But 6's who are friends with a lot of 8s and 9s.

I've got a few I still run I've met from online. There's another forum I met a local guy from that's doing pretty good when he don't flake. One I hang with a lot from a yahoo chat room from a year ago. He's the most dependable I've ever had and always wanting to go out and always on time. I've had a few I just stumbled upon out and about. I got a roommate I've know from yahoo chat since about 05 that does a little clubbing.

One thing I am gonna try to do a lot more of, that I would recommend; if you are doing the bars/clubs, start opening guys particularly the lonely ones, IF they appear to be someone who can help you. A lot of guys sitting at the bar alone have a ton of potential just waiting to pop out of their shell. The only drawback is, you'll get some who will talk your ear off but you can always bail. The thing I've decided to do a lot more is to try to get to know some of the regulars that are always talking to the hot girls. I've got to know a few of them, some of which turned out to be assholes that didn't want me around. My approach to that is to talk to them like I already know them.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Cordivae » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 am

I had a blast the night I met up with you Isa. I'm obviously not to the point where I'm comfortable with everything going on, but I did get my 20 approaches that night.

Is it just me or is Uptown game harder then Addison game?
Cordivae
AFC

Postby Morpheo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Most people drop anything that requires a 1 month+ commitment. And pick-up is much harder than losing weight or weightlifting. The results are slower and much more time & attention is required. It's also scary as shit sometimes, and can be brutally ego-shattering. So it's to be expected.

One of the problems I'm experiencing now is that success in pickup can diminish your drive to sarge.

But I really appreciate you guys for showing me the ropes.
All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening, or married to someone else.
Morpheo
rAFC

Postby Bull Run » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Cordivae wrote:Is it just me or is Uptown game harder then Addison game?

Uptown game is most definitely harder than Addison game. The women in Uptown tend to be more attractive and also tend to be more cliquey than the girls in Addison. Honestly, whenever I needed to taste a little bit of success during a dry spell, I'd hit up Addison. A few years ago, circa 2008 and earlier, Addison was actually pretty legit. There were still pretty hot women trolling around up there but that's almost all moved to Uptown. Call it a Beauty Drain.

@ninja

I've been the Lone Wolf many, many times in my sarging life and women haven't ever seemed to look down on me in any way. In fact, I think if done correctly it can give you a lot of value as a man. I do agree about female Lone Wolves...buyer beware, they're usually raging sluts.
The difference is indifference.
Bull Run
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Bull Run wrote:
Cordivae wrote:Is it just me or is Uptown game harder then Addison game?

Uptown game is most definitely harder than Addison game. The women in Uptown tend to be more attractive and also tend to be more cliquey than the girls in Addison. Honestly, whenever I needed to taste a little bit of success during a dry spell, I'd hit up Addison. A few years ago, circa 2008 and earlier, Addison was actually pretty legit. There were still pretty hot women trolling around up there but that's almost all moved to Uptown. Call it a Beauty Drain.

@ninja

I've been the Lone Wolf many, many times in my sarging life and women haven't ever seemed to look down on me in any way. In fact, I think if done correctly it can give you a lot of value as a man. I do agree about female Lone Wolves...buyer beware, they're usually raging sluts.

the lone wolf is best for day game. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for night game unless you think you can pull a wing that night from the club which I try to do if i can't get no one out. I will tell you who the best wing is i've ever had for day game. a 70 pound flashy brindle boxer.

I need to get up with you bull run at a place of your choice. I have sister in downtown dallas i need to come see any way. I wanna see if you are all computer talk or can do something.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 am

I need to get up with you bull run at a place of your choice. I have sister in downtown dallas i need to come see any way. I wanna see if you are all computer talk or can do something.

@ninjamatt:

Are we doing call-outs now? I think you are one of the only guys who posts on here regularly who almost no one else has seen in-field. In contrast, almost everyone has seen me in field and will attest to being legitimate. If Bullrun doesn't honor your post with a response, I will CERTAINLY take the Pepsi challenge with you. Hell, even if he does take you up on your offer, I am extending the challenge to you. In your own estimation you would be able to seduce 50% of black women so, I say we can take it to a predominantly black venue. Should be a piece of cake for you.

Let's work out the details and make it happen.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby IsiMan84 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:22 am

ninjamatt wrote:you never really know why they dipped out. Maybe they were uncomfortable with the deal and realized it's not for them. Maybe they didn't like your particular style.

I don't think it has anything to do with my style. Basically I'll talk the first, oh I don't know, 10-15 minutes with the guy, and he'll be eagerly talking about stuff from the forum or whatever he's read. Flexing the mental muscle if you must. Then at whatever point I decide it's time to get down to brass tacks and start approaching, the excuses come flying. So I say okay whatever, then go into a few sets myself, and he'll pretty much just be standing there listening and occasionally piping in with some non sequitur type shit. So apparently it's cool for him to come into a set I've already opened, but he won't start one himself. I won't even get on the guy about not approaching, because I've pretty much determined he's not going to do it.

Here's some examples/quotes of what I've dealt with (if you know who you are, too bad):

"I usually take a while to get warmed up to the place, and then I start approaching" = stood around the majority of the night, and only took part in sets I opened. Didn't intro himself in, was basically present. Decided home was a better option than going to a place with hotter chicks. Never seen again.

"I've been reading a bunch of material all this time so I just need to go out more" = opened one set which I'm pretty sure he tapped her on the shoulder or just started talking from behind her, and when that eventually ended in a blowout called it a night. Never seen again.

"Thinking too much will get you analysis paralysis" = didn't want to open any sets when I asked, even when I said he could talk to guys as well. Said he had 20 approaches in the last 5 months. I told him just to walk around until he was comfortable with approaching and we'd meet up later. Never seen again.

The moral of the story is most guys will talk the big talk or just love to believe they're in the 10% because they created an account and read some posts that one time. If you'd rather go home than approach on command, what was the point of coming out in the first place? If you want to watch a guy do his thing, there's plenty of videos for that online. And you won't have to be the creepy lingering guy.

Talking shop for a couple hours won't result in either of us emptying our balls all over a chick's face at the end of the night. But approaching 10-20 girls in a night will. Or did you think you were gonna poach one of the girls from the set I opened??

Fuck that shit. Bitch you wasn't with me in the gym lifting these heavy ass weights!

ninjamatt wrote:I need to get up with you bull run at a place of your choice. I have sister in downtown dallas i need to come see any way. I wanna see if you are all computer talk or can do something.

It appears Triumvirate has beaten me to the punch, but if anybody is going to talk big game online, I want them to put their money where their mouth is. Within the week. Anybody on this forum who has given half a shit about going out I've already met, or they went to the presentation a few weeks ago. So far you've told me race isn't a factor, your wings are intimidated by your skill, and you could get pretty much any girl you want. I'd love to be humbled by your real ultimate power.
IsiMan84
PUA

Next

Return to General Discussion