Should I have used a wingman???

Open PUA discussion

Re: Should I have used a wingman???

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:33 pm

If your goal was to get a number, then it would seem that no you didn't need a wingman. If your goal was to close, a wingman might have helped in occupying the other girl. Not in a target-obstacle paradigm but in a we bring the party paradigm.

Its been a week since then, have you followed up with her?
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Kool » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Triumvirate wrote:If your goal was to get a number, then it would seem that no you didn't need a wingman. If your goal was to close, a wingman might have helped in occupying the other girl. Not in a target-obstacle paradigm but in a we bring the party paradigm.

I did follow up with her through text only. We texted back in forth for about a week and now she has gone cold turkey on me. Guess in the end it was a big waste of time. It was a fun night and a fun story, but moving on and back to square one.

One thing I have noticed in this group of PUA's is almost all the gents work alone when picking up a set. Is this normally the case?

In my past experiences I have been successful with a "solid" wingman. I personally feel like it's easier to share stories, isolate your target girl for the night, and have a better outcome in the end. But, then again sometimes it is better to go solo.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Kool
AFC

Postby ninjamatt » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 pm

smoothcriminal wrote:
Triumvirate wrote:If your goal was to get a number, then it would seem that no you didn't need a wingman. If your goal was to close, a wingman might have helped in occupying the other girl. Not in a target-obstacle paradigm but in a we bring the party paradigm.

I did follow up with her through text only. We texted back in forth for about a week and now she has gone cold turkey on me. Guess in the end it was a big waste of time. It was a fun night and a fun story, but moving on and back to square one.

One thing I have noticed in this group of PUA's is almost all the gents work alone when picking up a set. Is this normally the case?

In my past experiences I have been successful with a "solid" wingman. I personally feel like it's easier to share stories, isolate your target girl for the night, and have a better outcome in the end. But, then again sometimes it is better to go solo.

What do you think happened that she went cold turkey?

Another guy in the thread made a good point about having a wing man. It was a long post but I would pretty much agree. My main idea of wing man is that a real good one can some times help you. The ideal wing man situation is there's a 2 or 3 set and at least one is in to you, and at least another is interested in your wing man and he's in to her. But, the wing can't fuck it up on the girl in to him or it could easily blow the whole thing up and a good majority of the time that will happen. It's a match that can be hard to find. A lot of women do hear the theory stay away from the lone wolf but the lone wolf can demonstrate enough value to work alone. I think the theory that the wing is only to distract the friend so she doesn't cock block is kind of silly. Do you really think anyone has got laid b/c his friend distracted her friend allowing them to talk longer ? Highly unlikely. If they were gonna fuck, the wing distracting the apparent cock block most likely had nothing to do with it.

What I did prior to the relationship I am in now was to have guy friends around me but not let them close to the sets b/c I knew if one of the women found them attractive, they would find a way to blow it for me. I thought of most of my wings as 1.) other dudes were timid of us b/c we were tall and athletic, 2.) they didn't mind getting my beers. 3.) they have better eyes than me (my vision sucks and I don't wear contacts) and they could see "needles in the hay stack" I might not see, and point them out. 4.) it was someone to talk to between sets to avoid boredom if there was literally nothing else to talk to. I think on average decent night, I will go an average of 15 minutes with out talking to any females. I'd rather talk to a buddy about fishing or football instead of no one. But I like opening males too.

One theory you might want to test is that if female ask, who did you come with or who is your friend, you could say "him over there, but he's got a girlfriend" That may put the remainder of the set in a comfort zone that he won't hit on them and buy you some time. It's something I wanted to try when I was prowling more but never got around too it. he can always be not quite as taken if an interaction cranks up. What would probably be better is wing woman. She doesn't have to be as hot as what you want to pursue but I rarely did that game.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 am

Hahaha. You were texting her for a week? When were you planning on asking her out?
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Kool » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Triumvirate wrote:Hahaha. You were texting her for a week? When were you planning on asking her out?

To be honest I never did. We would texted about random BS. Even though I snagged her number I still didn't feel very confident in her attraction towards me. Yea we made out, yea I got her number, but she was drunk and in her mind I'm just some random dude she meet at a bar. When we did text it was not turbo text back and forth. There were hours and sometimes a day between texting (sometimes she would take awhile to respond and sometimes I would take awhile to respond). I did have plans on meeting up with her (although officially I never asked her out), but one day I texted her twice to her response and she never text me back. So now that we have moved on from the Wing Man question to the art of the "follow up". What would you guys have done differently?
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Kool
AFC

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 am

I don't waste a lot of time with back and forths. I go for the meetup pretty soon after I get the number. You're not going to build attraction over text, so there is not point in texting her with no real game plan on how to proceed. If you think she wasn't attracted, prove it to yourself and ask her out. If you think she was attracted... prove it to yourself and ask her out.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

smoothcriminal wrote:
Triumvirate wrote:Hahaha. You were texting her for a week? When were you planning on asking her out?

To be honest I never did. We would texted about random BS. Even though I snagged her number I still didn't feel very confident in her attraction towards me. Yea we made out, yea I got her number, but she was drunk and in her mind I'm just some random dude she meet at a bar. When we did text it was not turbo text back and forth. There were hours and sometimes a day between texting (sometimes she would take awhile to respond and sometimes I would take awhile to respond). I did have plans on meeting up with her (although officially I never asked her out), but one day I texted her twice to her response and she never text me back. So now that we have moved on from the Wing Man question to the art of the "follow up". What would you guys have done differently?

How did the interaction end? You can always text back. Even if she doesn't find you physically attractive she may make a decent friend. Having decent female friends who refer their women to you is always good
ninjamatt
PUA

Previous

Return to General Discussion