Unknown coffee spots

Anything goes

Unknown coffee spots

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Does anyone know of any good, lesser known coffee shops around dallas? Looking for something besides starbucks.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I heard urban dog coffee on oak lawn is pretty good, I've never personally been though....

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:21 pm

[QUOTE=Gunslinger;40138]Does anyone know of any good, lesser known coffee shops around dallas? Looking for something besides starbucks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there in a while, but: [url]http://www.thepearlcup.com/[/url] was decent.

Summer fitness

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

I figure, it's time to start losing the holiday fat and getting sexy for all the babes of the summer.

The world of diet and exercise is confusing. It's hard to tell a dumbell from a cow bell sometimes. Two weekends ago I asked Lion and Prodigy, two guys who "know their shit" when it comes to fitness, for some advice. Lion recommended a cave man diet where you only eat meat, nuts, and berries. Well, that would probably work but it's a little nuts for me.

Prodigy recommended the "shake weight."

I did some research, then I said "fuck it." I signed up for annecollins.com, where they give you a meal plan and grocery list so all you have to do is follow it. Structure all but guarantees results as long as you have the will power to follow it.

For exercise, I got a copy of the P90X. All I can say is "HOLY FUCK." I just did "day 1" and it's "killing me." The only thing I've ever done that hurt worse than that is when I used to do MMA.

So work time is ON. The goal is to lose 1 lbs per week, and get that beach bod for the summer.

Someone I think very highly of once said "If you want to be successful in life, you've got to put yourself in stressful situations. You've got to put yourslef in UNCOMFORTABLE environments. That's how you get better....so mentally, that's where the challenge kicks in. Fight thru that. Now that's when I get a little more grit. That's when I get better."

He also said "the go getter's are gonna go get it."

It's time to go get it.

What are you guys' fitness goals, and what are you doing to get there? What do you use for motivation to keep you ATTACKING the training instead of getting lazy, showing up, picking the weight up a couple times and going home?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 pm

White rock coffee is ok in the summer. They have local bands perform some evenings.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 am

Look up It's A Grind, I've heard good things.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 pm

[QUOTE=Bull Run;40539]Look up It's A Grind, I've heard good things.[/QUOTE]

Nice, it sounds like a strip club.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=Gunslinger;40563]Nice, it sounds like a strip club.[/QUOTE]

You can get a cup of Joe and a lapdance at the same time!

Return to Off Topic