What's in your shopping cart?

Anything goes

What's in your shopping cart?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 am

Mostly I'm curious. A while back I talked to Prodigy about nutrition, just recently I decided to get serious about it, mostly seeing as I am topping 260, up from 220 a year and a half ago.

What can I say, my relationship has been good to me.

This is what's in my cart, would like to see what else everyone else is getting.

-Walnuts, shelled unsalted chopped and whole
-4% cottage cheese
-apple sauce
-peanut butter, crunchy and creamy kinds
-whole milk (thinking about switching to skim however I have cut most other fats out so I was also thinking about going with 2%)
-lots of chicken breasts, skinless frozen and fresh with as little preservatives and fillers as I can find.
-lots of tilapia same as chicken.
-oranges
-apples
-couple of bananas
-canned pinapple
-brown rice
-whole grain thin spaghetti (anyone recommend a good sauce the ones I'm finding have too much sodium?)
-tons of water
-fresh and frozen brussel sprouts
-couple heads of lettuce

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Finesse, I have a couple suggestions for you...

If you want to lose weight and keep it off you absolutely have to make a lifestyle change, permanently. Diets are notorious for not working, and their is a reason for that. They don't work. People will go on a diet, lose 50 lbs, be happy with that, and then go back to eating the way that made them fat in the first place and get fat again - then complain about diets not working.

The foods you need to eat are the foods that you're body is adapted to eat through hundreds of thousands of years of human existence. That means that if people couldn't eat it 20,000 years ago we probably shouldn't eat it today. That includes ALL processed foods. If man made it, don't eat it! As Jack Lalanne would say. Stick to the outer aisles of the grocery store, that's where the real food is. If it goes bad you can be sure it's real, if it doesn't go bad it is not real. Eat real food 90% of the time and you will be fine.

FYI - The most fattening ingredient on earth is High Fructose Corn Syrup, even if you just avoid that you will be fine. It's in almost every processed man-made food.

If you're super serious studies have shown that for heavier people a Ketogenic diet is the quickest way to lose unwanted lb's. It also takes discipline. You cannot eat any carbohydrates, only protein and fat. I know from personal experience that it works and it works rapidly. Google it for more info.

You will lose the most weight in the quickest timeframe utilizing a ketogenic diet.

You will lose the 2nd most weight counting calories and making sure you are under you daily maintenance by about 500 calories per day.

3rd and dead last is cutting out fat and eating high carbohydrate.

Those with European descent are made to eat a high protein/high fat, low carbohydrate diet. Those with Asian descent evolved eating a high carbohydrate rice based diet while still getting plenty of essential fatty acids from eating raw fish and fermented soy.

Good luck!

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Chicken breast
Salmon and tilapia
Eggs, cage free
Plain yogurt, unsweetened that I use for a dipping sauce for my meats
Tomatoes for a tomatoe sauce I use for a dipping sauce for my meats
Water, lots of water
Lean cuts of sirloin steak
Frozen veggies (green beans, broccoli, etc.) I get these because they're convenient. I'll eat about two bags a day as a snack.
Lots and lots of spices (gralic, cumin, bay leaves, black and red pepper, garlic salt, parsley, oregano, etc, etc.)

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:32 am

Meats:
Rib Eyes
T-Bones
Chicken (breast, buffallo wings, etc..)
Tilapia
Salmon
Pork Chops
Eggs (prepared any way you like)
Bacon

Veggies:
Avacados
Onions
Celery
Tomatoes
Broccoli(frozen)
Cauliflower(frozen
Green Beans(frozen)
Nuts (unsalted peanuts mostly)

Dairy: Im not a milk drinker
Cheeses ( any type you like)

Desert:
Jello (the low calorie stuff)
Kiwi fruit

Water, water, and more water...

If you get clogged up then you will need to get some fiber.That's a problem with ketogenic diets, so Metamucil is your friend.

Basically all the core Atkins stuff. I agree with Lion, Diet's don't work, you have to make a life style change. That's much easier said then done, but it is what is it.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 am

Here's whats in my shopping cart:

Healthy choice steamers
Apples
Beef jerky
Chicken
skim milk
Protein powder
protein bars
condoms
sliced turkey for sandwiches
baked chips
vegetable medley
salad
yogurt
whole wheat bread
vodka

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

[QUOTE=UncleHOwie;39249]Here's whats in my shopping cart:

Healthy choice steamers
Apples
Beef jerky
Chicken
skim milk
Protein powder
protein bars
condoms
sliced turkey for sandwiches
baked chips
vegetable medley
salad
yogurt
whole wheat bread
vodka[/QUOTE]

Haha. I like how yo slipped condoms and vodka in there...!

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Well thank you Sir Prodigy....I try to set a good example for my fellow men.:D

Return to Off Topic