fight club forum...???please?

Got something to say?

fight club forum...???please?

Postby RockStar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:56 am

hey can we have a fight club forum for inflammatory topics. They have it over at VA and I think it's a great idea, that way the people who want to argue can and we can get on with the discussion of becoming a better PUA on the main board.

Rockstar
RockStar
PUA

Re: fight club forum...???please?

Postby Scoundrel » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 pm

I think this is a good idea as well. One of the best Forums on the web (the straight dope) has a "flame pit" they move topics to when it turns into a flame war. As long as we all understand the difference is flaming and disagreeing.

A trolling post would be "You guys are all a bunch of losers." That is insulting to the community at large.

Flaming is: "Scoundrel is an asshole that doesn't know what he's talking about."

If we disagree, we discuss it. Like in a court of law. One guys says "he did it" while the other says "No he didn't." Then they both go about proving their points and let the jury or judge decide who's right.
"Tell a woman she can't join your club and she'll do almost anything to get in."

Gracho Marx

http://scoundrellife.blogspot.com
Scoundrel
PUA

Postby Mojo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Interesting idea.

VA does have a huge forum with around 18,000 members, so I can see why a fight club forum would be necessary. The idea being to reduce the amount of flame by calling flamers and trolls out. Though in their fight club forum, are the threads locked? or are they allowing the users to flame away?

What also might be a good idea is to have an Online gaming forum. I think there is enough interest to have a seperate category for this. And there is some good material in the forum already for it.
When in doubt, go caveman
Mojo
PUG

Postby Scoundrel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:43 am

I think the online gaming forum is a great idea. My job often has me in places where I can surf the dating site all night long. And I've been have some success.
"Tell a woman she can't join your club and she'll do almost anything to get in."

Gracho Marx

http://scoundrellife.blogspot.com
Scoundrel
PUA

Postby RockStar » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:14 pm

the threads that are moved there are locked. The threads that people start in the fight club that the poster understands are going to be inflammatory they leave open.

I think an online gaming forum is a good idea as well. =)

Rockstar
RockStar
PUA

Return to Comments & Suggestions