Article III. Board of Directors - please comment

Got something to say?

Article III. Board of Directors - please comment

Postby Vector » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:52 pm

Article III. Board of Directors
Vector's Commentary wrote:The "Inner Circle" is ambiguous in its purpose. It may be interpreted as a group of the most skilled or the most dedicated PUAs, or a select group of friends, or those who care about a smoothly functioning organization, or those who hold views consistent with The Principles. It is important to specify the function of the group, so that it does not evolve into something detrimental to the organization. In particular if the IC were to become a group of buddies who use the IC to share stories and FRs and pictures, etc. then a person who is part of the social circle but not helpful in guiding The Society may be inducted, just because he is a friend. Conversely, someone who can be an asset to The Society may not be considered if he is not part of the social circle.
In order to keep The Dallas PUA Society organized with regard to the Principles and Constitution, it is very important that the function of the Directors is clearly defined. The individual Directors may form friendly relationships and may become a circle of friends, but they must all recognize that this is NOT the reason for the Board of Directors.
Since the purpose of the Board of Directors is to guide The Dallas PUA Society in accordance with The Principles and Constitution, I believe the requirements for Directors should reflect their alignment with the Principles of The Society.
Section 1. A person eligible for Director may become a Director only by unanimous approval of existing voting Directors.
Section 2. There shall be voting and non-voting directors. To be eligible to be a non-voting Director, a candidate must meet the requirements for General Membership and must also be male, and must also accept principles consistent with those of The Society.
Section 3. To be eligible to be a voting Director, a candidate must meet the requirements of non-voting Director and must also have no "substantial" commercial interest in pick-up oriented businesses.
Section 4. All Directors, voting and non-voting, must disclose all their pick-up oriented commercial activities and interests. In the case of a voting Director, such activities shall be considered "not substantial" only by unanimous agreement of all other voting Directors. If a voting Director's commercial activities and interests are found to be "substantial", he automatically becomes a non-voting Director.
[size=75]I'M OUT OF THE HOUSE AND I'VE GOT MY GOGGLES ON! ONWARD TO SEX LOCATION!
Vector
PUA

Return to Comments & Suggestions