If You Are a Newbie, You NEED to Read This

Sarging expeditions, boot camp announcements, find a wingman, & other events

If You Are a Newbie, You NEED to Read This

Postby Triumvirate » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 am

Greetings.

As I have eluded to in the past I am willing to go out with almost any one who wants to join me. I think that this is a "community" for a reason. Guys who have reached a high level of skill should be willing to help out those with a low level of skill and I would like to help in that endeavor.

But I have to be real with you guys:

I'm going to need some of you guys to make some sacrifices here to prove that you want to get good

Look at it from my perspective: I have been going out fairly regularly (3.0 nights a week on average) for the past 3+ years. This has involved driving to Dallas, Plano, Arlington, and of course right here in good old Fort Worth. From blowouts, going to sleep in my car or at strangers house, parking tickets, and being a zombie at work for a 9 hour shift, your boy has put in the time.

Because I've put in the time and effort to reach my skill level, I would like to benefit from all the hard work I've put in. Especially on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night. Nothing makes me more frustrated than when I go out with a guy, newbie or not, and I have to spend a prime sarging night having to listen to theories, having to throw him into set, or watching him try to undercut sets that I have opened. To me this is very counterproductive and not how I would like to spend my weekends.

But there is some good news. I have found a solution!

If you are a beginner. I would love to sarge with you on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. The only thing is I want you to come to where I am. That might involve a 50 minute car drive to Fort Worth some nights. You have to ask yourself: Is it worth it to me to drive to Fort Worth to have someone work with me on my approach anxiety, one on one, for FREE? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

If you WOULD like to go out with me on a prime sarging night like Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, I only ask that you are someone who is willing to approach any set, any time, any where. If you still have AA issues, I ask that you spend other days of the week, getting rid of that. (See previous paragraph for how to)

If this is something that sounds good to you, send me a personal message. If you think I'm being an arrogant dick or have any other comments, feel free to respond to this thread.

Thanks,
Triumvirate
Triumvirate
PUA

Re: If You Are a Newbie, You NEED to Read This

Postby Bull Run » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request to want to surround yourself with competent wings. I completely understand your frustation, which clearly was what led to this post. But, there's one thing that you need to understand: most guys that get in the community are serious about being better with women but are unwilling or don't understand how to do the work necessary to actually get better at game.

That's why the community's business model is constructed as it is. The for profit guru's are, for the most part, focusing on the guys that will never get good at game because they don't want to work and/or don't understand what the hell is trying to be taught to them because their social awkwardness is just off the scales. These are the guys that are desperate to learn game but don't have the basic tools to actually learn it. It's just like credit card companies. They make their money on those that are financially irresponsible, not on guys like me that never carry a balance from one month to the next. I lose them money (well, kind of but not really). It's the people with shitty credit that are the biggest profit centers. The losers, for lack of a better term, are the biggest profit centers for guru's.

Chance are very, very high that if some guy sends you a pm and wants to go sarging with you, sight unseen, then you're going to have a guy on your hands that has no idea what the hell he is doing. He's coming out to meet you in the hopes that if he can watch you in action, then he'll some how learn through osmosis. Lord knows I've had guys pull that shit with me and I pisses me off something fierce. It doesn't work that way. You know it, I know it, the up-and-comers here know it very well. The only way to get good is the way you're doing it...going out. A lot.

When I was actively looking for wings, which I decided to stop doing to focus on solo game, if I had never met them in person or didn't have someone vouche for them that I respected then I'd meet them inititally for coffee or a drink. Just a quick drink, nothing more, nothing less. If they were legit (which you can tell in like 5 minutes...if that) then I'd tell them that we should just go sarge RIGHT NOW. It sounds like Internet dating and you what? It is exactly like that.

Otherwise, I would just go to the meet ups that we have and meet and greet for a few minutes. If there were some cool guys there, then I would go sarge with them, if not, then I would just slip and out and go it alone that night. No biggie.

As for the tone of your post, who cares? Too many people read too much into that shit. Myself included.
The difference is indifference.
Bull Run
PUA

Postby Morpheo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I agree. I don't mind sarging weekdays or driving. The experience is worth it. Shoot me up.
All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive, fattening, or married to someone else.
Morpheo
rAFC

Postby IsiMan84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Morpheo wrote:I agree. I don't mind sarging weekdays or driving. The experience is worth it. Shoot me up.
Since you're new to the game, I'll give you a life lesson: stop asking people to hit YOU up. If you really want something, make the necessary moves to get it. "Hey Morpheo! I know nothing about you, but I'm going out tonight and I just HAVE to have you with me" is a conversation that will never happen. It's just not efficient.

I'm out 3-4 nights a week (5 last week) and I would be wasting my time if every time I went out I had to PM every person who might be interested in going. Thus the existence of the sarging missions and wingman request board. Somebody posts what they're already planning on doing, and anybody interested in going contacts them to join them on said event.

Triumvirate stated what he was planning on doing, and said to message him if you are interested in being a part of that. You then in turn told him to shoot you up. You also did the same thing on a few other posts, one of which was for a sarging mission that was a week prior to your post. I'll tell you now, you'll be a skeleton covered in spider webs sitting at the computer if you expect that inbox to get filled up.
IsiMan84
PUA

Postby voyager » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I find that folks who join the community who already have the SKILL of knowing how to work on themselves will be in it for longer. Whether that means going to the gym, going back to school, or doing something to improve who you are in an appreciable way. For pick-up, as with anything else, there is no magic bullet that suddenly makes you good. I look at it a lot like working out - you can read material to help work on your form, but just reading about deadlifts is not going to make you stronger; you have to get those reps in.

I haven't been doing this shit for all that long (just shy of 1 year) but I have had plenty of wings come and go already in this short amount of time. The biggest reason, how I see it, is that they don't value improving themselves highly enough to work through the difficult times. That, or they think that reading Mystery Method will suddenly get them laid every night.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 am

Bumpity Bump Bump
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Dockimura » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm a total newbie and this may not make sense, but here's my .02 Cents. I have been training Jiu Jitsu for 10+ years, and training grip strength for 4+( I can tear phone books, decks of cards, bend nails). I have taught lots of people the skills that I currently possess, and almost every time it has been a positive experience because I have had a chance to see these people progress well beyond what they believed was possible. I would think that PUA would be the same, but maybe I am wrong? I look forward to your input....
Dockimura
AFC

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:45 pm

If someone progresses it can be rewarding, sure. The VAST majority of guys come out once and I never hear from them again.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Dockimura » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Ok. It's starting to make more sense now. Has anyone ever asked the question as to why the amount of drop offs is so great? Are these people overwhelmed? Did they discover that PUA was not what they thought? Were they just not aware that PUA, like any skill, requires commitment and practice to become proficient? I personally have AA, and I firmly believe that if I can overcome that, I'll be successful. Maybe there needs to be some kind of "PUA Bootcamps", which would explain what PUA is and is not? Maybe newbies would be required to attend a minimal number of these to not only learn skills, but to show that they are committed to learning. This may help to lessen the frustration of the PUAs who are committing their valuable time. I'm open to thoughts and feedback....
Dockimura
AFC

Postby Tribulus1000 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Its not what you think it is. Its a personal journey.
You're trying to make it into a club or a group activity when its a male-female thing.

Yes you can learn things like approaching. You can try a few techniques, but in the end its you and the ladies (or lady).

Its about relationships. Male-female relationships to be specific but guys too. Its not a military secret op. Its not a war.

This is nothing like that.
Why should I listen to you when you don't even get laid?
Tribulus1000
PUA

Next

Return to Sarging Missions, Events, & Wingmen Requests