Meetup.com

Sarging expeditions, boot camp announcements, find a wingman, & other events

Re: Meetup.com

Postby CowboyQB » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I think meet up sounds too expensive for our current group.

I vote the FB route. I'll drop out of that other group (especially since the last post was back in 2012).
CowboyQB
AFC

Postby ccarts90 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Hey guys! Has there been any update on this? I am just checking this for the first time since my first message. Looking at all the posts... a Facebook group may be a good idea.

While I have friends, I don't have people to do game with. All of my friends play video games and don't want to go out... so I don't have any wing men and going out alone all the time can get rather boring and uneventful... so it would be great to have people to practice game with.

Meetup.com group - I just looked this over... and I see that it is expensive. PERHAPS down the road, I will create a meetup group for all of us for a couple of months. I am in the process of moving, so that probably won't happen for a month or 2.

Facebook group - In the interim, I think a Facebook Group would be a great idea, and one should be created. Let's definitely get this going :)!
ccarts90
AFC

Postby ccarts90 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Hey Guys,

Like I said... I am moving in about a month or 2. I thought about it... and I still have a little "expendable money". After I move... money won't be that expendable XD!

Anyway... I created a Meetup.com group - https://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Pua-Meetup/

I made the group private. This means that the group is still searchable, but people cannot see you or the contents of the group unless they join up, which means that they will have to approved.

Let's get something going guys... and let's also get a Facebook page up. Can someone create the Facebook page?
ccarts90
AFC

Postby CowboyQB » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:57 pm

I believe Algorithm volunteered to set something up on FB for us.

I joined meet up, but can't find the group
CowboyQB
AFC

Postby ccarts90 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:33 pm

They shut it down (my meetup group) before it even got started... so it's not there anymore.
ccarts90
AFC

Postby Mdmusic67 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:07 am

So did this ever happen? Sure think it's a great idea!
Mdmusic67
bAFC

Postby Stryker » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:07 pm

I'm very curious, why'd they shut down the group? Maybe the name or description of the group?

I looked at the community guidelines, and didn't see anything that would prohibit a group forming that had the goal of helping men improve communication and dating skills. However, the term "PUA" could be a big turn-off to some people. I'd be very interested to hear what you were told.
Stryker
AFC

Postby Stryker » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Found this on Meetup.com's site:

http://www.meetup.com/help/article/2426608/

Pick-Up Artists and Seduction Guides
Meetup prohibits groups and activities that involve ‘pick-up artist,’ seduction techniques, or ‘wingman’ tactics.

Why
Meetup supports activities that are built on civility, respect, and most of all, mutual consent. Pick-up artist, seduction techniques, and wingman tactics typically involve interaction with people who are not members of the Meetup group and who did not consent to being a part of these activities.
Stryker
AFC

Postby joshnex » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:00 am

ccarts90 wrote:Hey guys. This is just a suggestion.

Lately, I have been using this site called meetup.com to meet new people and socialize more. What I like about meetup.com is the interface of it and the simplicity of it all. You can also create closed groups and approve of people joining the meetup group and the meetup groups planned activities.

Here's a few screen captures of the meetup.com website:

http://ui-patterns.com/uploads/image/file/3863/preview_Screen_Shot_2016-04-25_at_22.46.12.png

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-mean4/html5-meetup-homepage.jpg

What am I trying to get at?
This is a great site, but I found it by chance and I see that people are constantly looking for wings. I think it would be a great idea if we create a meetup group and we can also put a link to this site on the meetup group page.

1. A meetup group can be made called "Dallas PUA Meetup"
2. It can be a closed group, which means that only members that are approved will see the group content and the group meetups
3. It could be a more organized way to setup group outings and sarging missions
4. It could be used as a way for us to see the faces of our fellow PUA group.
5. There is an app associated with meetup.com... so whenever someone creates a meetup group outing or whenever someone posts something to the group, you get an app alert.

Thoughts about this? I think it would be a nifty idea.

hmu, find me on facebook.com/jnexology

Josh Nex
joshnex
AFC

Previous

Return to Sarging Missions, Events, & Wingmen Requests