If You Are a Newbie, You NEED to Read This

Sarging expeditions, boot camp announcements, find a wingman, & other events

Re: If You Are a Newbie, You NEED to Read This

Postby voyager » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Dockimura wrote:Did they discover that PUA was not what they thought? Were they just not aware that PUA, like any skill, requires commitment and practice to become proficient?

It's pervasive in our culture, as referenced by all the advertisements for pills that will "make you lose weight without working out" or to make lots of money via multi-level marketing. Likewise, PUA is merely billed as the equivalent "get rich quick" scheme for meeting women all too frequently.

The problem is, where would you see an advertisement or a product telling people that in order to get what they want - they have to work hard and be committed? The message doesn't sell because it's not what people want to hear.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Dockimura » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

Maybe I worded it incorrectly. The reason I said "Bootcamps", was to qualify getting small groups together to facilitate a more effective teaching/learning environment. I understand that it's about one on one male to female relationships. I just feel that many of us (myself) lack the basic skills to be successful. When any new endeavor is undertaken, there will always be fear or anxiety. If you have skills and the have the opportunity to appy those skills, and get positive feedback, it becomes natural.

Personally, I have had lots of relationships. However, they happened by chance, not because I went out and met these people and created the relationship. I would like to get to the point where going out and meeting women is a fun and rewarding experience, instead of one where I feel like I'm struggling.

Not sure if this makes sense, or if I'm just rambling at this point. I know this, I have a lot to learn and am willing to put the time in to learn if anyone wants to help.
Dockimura
AFC

Postby Triumvirate » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I think the system that we have now gives you the best bang for the buck. We tell people where we're going and if they choose to come out with us, awesome. This has been an understanding in the year plus since I have become active again on this forum. What usually happens is that a guy will inquire about where you're going out that week. You give him the info, and you never hear from him again. SOMETIMES they'll hit you up months later asking if you still sarge and MAYBE they'll come out then. If a guy comes out the first time he contacts you or a few months later, you'll probably never see him again. He had the idea that he'd spit some opinion opener to a chick then she falls in love with him and she becomes his girlfriend and he goes back to playing black ops and calling her on demand for sex. Honestly, if I were to do any sort of bootcamp that would have a high level of drills and such, id have to be compensated or the group of guys would have to be so highly motivated that teaching them would be fun. From what I've seen in a year plus, guys like that come around. VERY infrequently...
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby relax » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 pm

This really needs to be stickied.
relax
gPUA

Postby Myshkinrush » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi guys,

I'm really serious about learning. I live in the Dallas area and have been sarging alone. I've been reading everything and then trying to go out and apply.

I've sent many of you PMs with my phone number and seeking your phone number so I can setup time that fits your schedule so I may learn from you. However, my messages are stuck in the outbox. I've tried several times with no luck.

Could you send me your emails or numbers so I can email or text you directly? My email is myshkinrush@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
Myshkinrush
AFC

Postby Triumvirate » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:34 pm

Bumpity Bump Bump
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 pm

bump
Triumvirate