Wingman app to find other local wingmen in real-time

Sarging expeditions, boot camp announcements, find a wingman, & other events

Wingman app to find other local wingmen in real-time

Postby Eclipse1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey guys,

Have you ever had the situation where you really wanted to go out, but none of your friends were available to go sarging with you? Well I had the same problem all the time and I thought how cool would an app be that helps you find your closest Wingman whenever you need one?

Since I just finished my Computer Science degree, the idea always sat on my mind and now a few months later the Wingman app helps you quickly find other Wingman & PUAs in your area in real-time.

The app is pretty simple, it shows you a list of the Top-Wingmen in your area who you can check out and if you need a Wingman right now, you can just hit the “Need-A-Wingman”-button. That sends out a Wingman request as a push-notification to all guys in the area. Then they can check out your profile and send you a message to agree on a nearby bar to go sarging together.

Wingmen can then be rated, so that you can see who actually is a good Wingman and who isn’t and you can also become the best Wingman in your area.

The app is for free of course and there’s already lots of PUAs on it, but it's missing the Dallas lair. :) So if you have an Android phone, you should get the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.need_a_wingman.android

Do you think it's good? If you have features you would you like to see, please give me feedback. Getting info from real PUAs is the most valuable feedback I can get!

Thanks,
Marius
Eclipse1
wbAFC

Re: Wingman app to find other local wingmen in real-time

Postby Mojo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Snazzy lil app! Smart to make it free so you can more quickly grow users. Kudos to you for developing this from University. I hope success for you!

Mojo
When in doubt, go caveman
Mojo
PUG

Postby voyager » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 am

I don't have an android, so that eliminates me right off the bat. I'll let someone else give it a whirl and also mention that our GroupMe forum chat works in an awesome way as well - people can find people to sarge with pretty last minute.

I'm thinking that maybe they can complement each other.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby _Hunter_ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Will this be on the iPhone market eventually? Really interested in checking it out.
_Hunter_
AFC

Postby Exlips » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Yes we want to make it for iPhone too, will take a little while still though. :)

Do you have any more feedback, on what features you would like or what we could improve?
Exlips
wbAFC

Postby Triumvirate » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Is this meant for when you go to a new city? It seems that it would be easier to use the groupme app with your local lair and find out where guys are going that night.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Eclo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am

Sure you can use GroupMe to chat, however you won't be able to find out which Wingmen are around you now, which ones are actually good Wingmen and we will implement awesome features soon that are especially tailored to the PUA-community.
Eclo
wbAFC

Return to Sarging Missions, Events, & Wingmen Requests