The Male Shit Test, one of many AMOG’ing techniques

Mystery Method, Speed Seduction, Cocky & Funny, etc. (Post only field tested material)

The Male Shit Test, one of many AMOG’ing techniques

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]There are many ways a guy can attempt to AMOG you. I’ve noticed that one AMOG technique closely resembles a girl’s shit test. What I mean is that the AMOG will ask you a question that attacks your style, hair, etc. Typically, his question will try to make you look beta, feminine or bad in general. The best way to handle this is exactly how you would handle a girl’s shit test. I experienced some of that this past weekend and I decided to use the Agree and Amplify technique (A&A) I read about in Roissy’s blog. It worked like a charm! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]So the A&A technique is exactly as the name implies; you agree with his question/comment, then amplify (make sure your amplification is so ridiculous that no one believes it. Also your amplification must be said in a fun, comical demeanor).[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]For example:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]AMOG: Where’d you get that jacket? From the 80’s?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]PUA: Yea, how’d you know? I bought it at Michael Jackson’s garage sale[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]AMOG: Are you gay?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]PUA: Hell yea! I slept with a million guys last night! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Here’s what happened to me this weekend. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]The girl I’m gaming (we’ll call her Mohawk girl) invited me to hang out by the pool this past Sunday. She lives in a very social and communal apt complex where everyone comes out to chill by the pool daily, it’s a party all the time. When I get there, a neighbor who has a crush on her tries to AMOG me in two separate interactions. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Interaction 1:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I get there, and begin applying sunblock. As some of you know, I have a pretty fit body, so he was clearly trying to discredit my body. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Hey Prodigy, do you think you put on enough oil? This is not a bodybuilding contest you know...[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Damn, for real?! I thought the photoshoot for the sexiest men of [name of apt complex] calendar was today! I must’ve got my days mixed up...(I said in a fun manner and I continued to put on sunblock)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: blah blah blah[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: blah blah blah[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]This definitely earned me points with other neighbors. I deflected his attack, and turned myself into an object of desire (or high value). It showed that I was funny, witty and thick skinned (she later made a comment that they liked me because they were making fun of me, little did she know that he was trying to make me look bad; his intentions were not good). [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Interaction 2:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]While 7-8 of us were sitting near the pool engaging in chit chat, the topic of Mohawk Girl waxing her friend comes up. Shortly after, the wannabe AMOG looks at me and says:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Dude! Do you wax your eyebrows?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: No, Mohawk Girl does, she has a waxing party every Thursday. You’re more than welcome to join if you’d like![/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Haha, yea right, that’s fuckin' gay! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Are you sure? It looks like your eyebrows can use a little maintenance! (and I throw a huge ass grin at the girls nearby)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Haha, no thanks man...(sips his beer and walks away)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Well if you change your mind, I’ll save you a spot! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Here, he was attacking my masculinity, but I was able to deflect the attention to his poor grooming skills, which made him less attractive. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]After Interaction 2, he did not try to AMOG me any further. I had great success with A&A and will definitely be using this shit test destroyer more often in field, especially with women.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:39 pm

[QUOTE=Prodigy;36318][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]There are many ways a guy can attempt to AMOG you. I’ve noticed that one AMOG technique closely resembles a girl’s shit test. What I mean is that the AMOG will ask you a question that attacks your style, hair, etc. Typically, his question will try to make you look beta, feminine or bad in general. The best way to handle this is exactly how you would handle a girl’s shit test. I experienced some of that this past weekend and I decided to use the Agree and Amplify technique (A&A) I read about in Roissy’s blog. It worked like a charm! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]So the A&A technique is exactly as the name implies; you agree with his question/comment, then amplify (make sure your amplification is so ridiculous that no one believes it. Also your amplification must be said in a fun, comical demeanor).[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]For example:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]AMOG: Where’d you get that jacket? From the 80’s?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]PUA: Yea, how’d you know? I bought it at Michael Jackson’s garage sale[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]AMOG: Are you gay?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]PUA: Hell yea! I slept with a million guys last night! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Here’s what happened to me this weekend. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]The girl I’m gaming (we’ll call her Mohawk girl) invited me to hang out by the pool this past Sunday. She lives in a very social and communal apt complex where everyone comes out to chill by the pool daily, it’s a party all the time. When I get there, a neighbor who has a crush on her tries to AMOG me in two separate interactions. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Interaction 1:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]I get there, and begin applying sunblock. As some of you know, I have a pretty fit body, so he was clearly trying to discredit my body. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Hey Prodigy, do you think you put on enough oil? This is not a bodybuilding contest you know...[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Damn, for real?! I thought the photoshoot for the sexiest men of [name of apt complex] calendar was today! I must’ve got my days mixed up...(I said in a fun manner and I continued to put on sunblock)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: blah blah blah[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: blah blah blah[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]This definitely earned me points with other neighbors. I deflected his attack, and turned myself into an object of desire (or high value). It showed that I was funny, witty and thick skinned (she later made a comment that they liked me because they were making fun of me, little did she know that he was trying to make me look bad; his intentions were not good). [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Interaction 2:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]While 7-8 of us were sitting near the pool engaging in chit chat, the topic of Mohawk Girl waxing her friend comes up. Shortly after, the wannabe AMOG looks at me and says:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Dude! Do you wax your eyebrows?[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: No, Mohawk Girl does, she has a waxing party every Thursday. You’re more than welcome to join if you’d like![/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Haha, yea right, that’s fuckin' gay! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Are you sure? It looks like your eyebrows can use a little maintenance! (and I throw a huge ass grin at the girls nearby)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Wannabe AMOG: Haha, no thanks man...(sips his beer and walks away)[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Prodigy: Well if you change your mind, I’ll save you a spot! [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Here, he was attacking my masculinity, but I was able to deflect the attention to his poor grooming skills, which made him less attractive. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]After Interaction 2, he did not try to AMOG me any further. I had great success with A&A and will definitely be using this shit test destroyer more often in field, especially with women.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Are you sure she wasn't right dude? I mean, I'm always ribbing on my guy friends, shit testing, amogging, whatever you want to call it, just as long as you don't cross the line it's cool. If guys pick on each other, that means they're friends or being friendly. I remember teaching my sisters that because girls are not that way.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Well handled Prodigy. From the way you present it i agree with you that the guy was definitely AMOGing you. I will borrow your technique i have had a few experiences like that but did not rise up to the occasion like you did. Hit me up for a beer next time we bump into each other....lol!:D

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:12 am

As far as dealing with AMOG's is concerned you handled it by the book. But, I wonder, why did you feel it necessary to do this now? In my opinion, you've got HB Mohawk on the hook and have for some time now, I'm not sure that defending yourself against an AMOG is even necessary. Sometimes, the best thing to do with an AMOG is to give them enough rope to hang themselves with...remember, once a girl likes you it's really hard for her to not like you AND she'll be uber sensitive to someone attacking you or trying to make you look foolish and will have the social savvy to act in a manner that shows you her respect for your position in her life.

Sometimes, the BEST AMOGing tactic to use is to say nothing. Don't let him impact you and your mind in any way. Sometimes, strength through silence is the way to go. It's a matter of picking your battles you know?

I think the first interaction was appropriate. You let it be known that you aren't going to tolerate his shit and did so in a socially savvy way. HB Mohawk and her friends most likely picked up on this and thought more highly of you for having the ability to do so. And I think by doing this you put yourself pretty high up there on the Alpha scale. You flexed your muscle and showed off your strength.

But, the second interaction may have gone too far. You made him a castoff from the group. His offense was not harsh enough to warrant such a punishment from the Alpha male. Instead of using humor to deflect him from the group, I would have used humor to bring him into the group. Understand that those that are being protected by the Alpah male do not like to see or experience confrontation and tension. This is why people seek out an Alpha male. They piggy back off of his strength so they don't have to deal with the unpleasantries that life brings us.

You established your strength the first time, that's all it should take. From then on I think it's up to you to be responsible for the dynamics of the group. Part of being Alpha is to know when to fight, know when to stand strong, and know when to play nice. It's very possible that this moment was a time to be inclusive and forgiving and benevolent, not confrontational (even if it was in a funny way). Remember, when you're the Alpha male you are always in the spotlight, attention is always on you and how you're acting and treating others.

Obviously, I wasn't there and we know each other IRL so I'm going to defer to your judgement at the time. I just wanted to give you and everyone else reading this thread some food for thought.

Good post bro!!

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am

[QUOTE=grimm1111;36333]Are you sure she wasn't right dude? I mean, I'm always ribbing on my guy friends, shit testing, amogging, whatever you want to call it, just as long as you don't cross the line it's cool. If guys pick on each other, that means they're friends or being friendly. I remember teaching my sisters that because girls are not that way.[/QUOTE]

Grimm, you're absolutely right. I couldve completely mis-read his character and personality.

However, from his actions, tone and his feelings for her, I came to the conclusion that he was trying to AMOG me. My reponses were not asshole-ish and couldve been interpreted as just poking fun. In this circumstance, I don't think handling it as if it was an AMOG attempt hurt me; I'd rather err on the side of caution.

That's the downside with game. You get so caught up and paranoid that everything is a shit test, amog attempt, frame game, etc.

Someontimes I wonder if ignorance really is bliss...

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 am

Good post BR. Interesting viewpoint, one that I did not consider. Thanks for the insight!!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Impressive stuff Prodigy! Funny how chics don't consciously recognize that two guys are challenging each other in these situations. Some socially intelligent chics do recognize it though and thats why having a system in place like this is super important. Some guys feel that being non reactive is the way to go. I certainly agree depending on the situation. There is always more than one way to "skin a cat." :)

I like how you showed the amog that you are witty and you are standing your ground, you are not passive. Because you used humor the situation is diffused/does not escalate and you win. The guy eventually excepts your presence and gives up trying to clown. If you experimented with the opposite and start throwing out insults to hurt his offense....you loose in the eyes of your girl and basically anyone that is in the area beacause it creates anxiety for the people. The smell of "Fight" is in the air and the sense of comfort and safety is LOST. I learned this the hard way... I got into a few fist fights when I first got into game...lol! I totally used to react and wanna show my strength through physical force rather than engaging with verbal intelligence.

I wonder how the situation could have been if you rewarded the guy after you out amoged him. Like "tossing the ball" ( i view interactions alot like tossing a ball back and forth) back at him and saying something like "Ya totally man, I get ALOT of compliments! Thanks for noticing!" And then going into conversation with him to smooth things out.

Something else I would like to add is a good introduction can often times prevent this stuff from happening. Because of your physique guys will often times feel threatened by you , untill you make it clear that you are cool and social. You want this, because when you give yourself a strong introduction your image will be congruent with your outer game. Most of the time guys amog you like that because they dont feel accepted by you or you havent built rapport with the guy well enough. Like when you first get to the party its a good idea to find out EVERONE mohawk girl knows there and you skip introductions with the chics and go straight to all the dudes and introduce yourself first. This is powerful and respected. Im sure you probably do this.

It is quite possible that giving the guy no reaction at all could possibly spark fire or make you appear pretentious to everyone in the area.

I really like how you handled the situation. Thanks for posting good info!

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:22 am

you know what works insanely well and i used to do this before PU. Make him the laughing stock of the group but do it playfully or you WILL look like a douche.

Return to Tactics & Techniques