Idea - Use the "Recent Visitor" Feature

Strategies for gaming online, profile creation tips, et al.

Idea - Use the "Recent Visitor" Feature

Postby voyager » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:55 pm

This is something new I'm going to try. Some websites like okCupid that allow you to see your recent visitors (or give you notifications on current visitors). My idea, is instead of me being the one to initiate sending the message, is to just visit as many profiles of people I find attractive as humanly possible. Which, with how fast you can load internet pages, I can visit several hundred profiles in the time it would take me to write ten messages that stand out. It'd be interesting to see what the conversion ratio is.

The theory is, if my profile is enticing enough - they will initiate the conversation. Really, I initiate the interaction by pinging their visitor notifications, but I set myself up as more valuable from the get-go. And I also theorize that a woman would more likely be interested in a man who viewed her profile, but didn't send a message!

I'll report on my findings.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Re: Idea - Use the "Recent Visitor" Feature

Postby Bull Run » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 am

Give it a try. But, in general, women that notice that you've checked out their profile without some sort of email on your part will think of you as creepy or stalking them. As a matter of fact, one of my 'rules' with online dating is that if I check out a girl's profile that I like, then I HAVE to send her an email right then and there. If I don't, I feel I run the risk of her seeing that I checked her out once and then mustered up the courage to send her an email at a later date. That's not the vibe you want to project online or at all with the ladies.
The difference is indifference.
Bull Run
PUA

Postby voyager » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 am

Yeah, you seem to be right on the money. Well, a few ugs messaged me, but I wouldn't consider it a "success." But hey, that's why we experiment with things. Now I know that it doesn't work that way.

I think that the only time the feature may work to my advantage is if I filter for people who are "online now" and then I IM or message them within a short period of time of them seeing me visit their profile.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Eragon » Sat May 04, 2013 4:50 am

If I don't, I feel I run the risk of her seeing that I checked her out once and then mustered up the courage to send her an email at a later date.
Eragon
wbAFC

Return to Online Gaming