Do Looks Matter....An experiment in truth

Strategies for gaming online, profile creation tips, et al.

Re: Do Looks Matter....An experiment in truth

Postby Scoundrel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:58 pm

I've been looking for a site to back up what I'm writing here, but I cannot find one. So, it's just my word.

A while back I saw a TV show about research into what type of face women found most attractive. This was real research done at a university. The researchers had women look at photos oh a model that had been altered with CGI. Some of the faces looked like amost like children, others looked more like women than men and lastly some were altered to look more like apes. They had the same women come in many times over a month and look at the photos and place them in the order from most attractive to least attractive. The findings showed that what a these women found most attractive changed depending on where she was in her monthly cycle.

Women that were ovulating for example found the man that looked more like an ape the most attractive. while THE SAME WOMAN at a different time during her cycle found men that looked more like women the most attractive. The difference was shocking even to the women themselves.

I'll keep looking for a web site with these findings to back up what I'm saying and post it if I can find it.
"Tell a woman she can't join your club and she'll do almost anything to get in."

Gracho Marx

http://scoundrellife.blogspot.com
Scoundrel
PUA

Postby Tribulus1000 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Scoundrel wrote: My point is that if you have issues that you feel make you less attractive to women it's an inner game problem.

Its also an inner game issue if you DON'T see that your looks matter. Its like going around blind to the fact that you need a better haircut, your teeth are yellow and you're a big fat slob and not acknowledging that any of that should fall under self improvement.

Scoundrel wrote:
Even the best looking, richest, dynamic personality man still isn't going to attract every woman he sets he's sites on. We, as men, can only present ourselves to women and THEY make the choice. If a woman doesn't like your looks it's HER problem. It's like hating people because of their race. Just look for a woman that's more open minded.

Yes.

Scoundrel wrote:Trib I like you. I think of you as a close friend. However, let me ask you, sense you had the hair transplants and such are you getting more women than you did before? If so then you are on to something. If not then it must be something else.

More women? Well, I can only present myself in the best possible light to the ones that I approach...as you say above.
As far as my personal results, I have not been as active approaching as I once was. In the past I did noticed more attraction when I was thinner with no belly fat.
Women like me without the beer gut.
Why should I listen to you when you don't even get laid?
Tribulus1000
PUA

Postby RockStar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Scoundrel wrote:I've been looking for a site to back up what I'm writing here, but I cannot find one. So, it's just my word.

A while back I saw a TV show about research into what type of face women found most attractive. This was real research done at a university. The researchers had women look at photos oh a model that had been altered with CGI. Some of the faces looked like amost like children, others looked more like women than men and lastly some were altered to look more like apes. They had the same women come in many times over a month and look at the photos and place them in the order from most attractive to least attractive. The findings showed that what a these women found most attractive changed depending on where she was in her monthly cycle.

Women that were ovulating for example found the man that looked more like an ape the most attractive. while THE SAME WOMAN at a different time during her cycle found men that looked more like women the most attractive. The difference was shocking even to the women themselves.

I'll keep looking for a web site with these findings to back up what I'm saying and post it if I can find it.

yea its i think it was a Hopkins study.

the findings were that a woman who was closer to actually dropping an egg were more attracted to muscular angular faces. with signs of heavy testosterone...strong jaw, protruding brow ridge. and at the other end they wanted a weaker more docile looking man because he would be better at protecting and caring for the babies....wow now we are back to other thread about infidelity.

the study supported my findings....muscular men produce more testosterone and are therefore better short term mates. Single women want to have sex with them.

so the question i have is what do you have against working out scoundrel? you're tall fairly thin naturally. It not really an issue you've ever dealt with...me and trib fall on the other side shorter and stalker and i can tell you from personal experience i makes a huge difference.

don't believe me? make your own male shills and try it for yourself....the field does not lie.

Rockstar
RockStar
PUA

Postby Gamble » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:38 am

I got laid this weekend by a 32 yo milf, thank you trib... lol. But it was solely because of my looks, I may have said 5 words to her other than "Where do you want to have sex, your place or my car?" And next thing I know we were in my car. I have to agree with RockStar because after sarging with him for the past few weeks, I can tell a huge difference in our game because he cold opens so much more than I do. I am constantly making eye contact and deciding which of the girls that just eye-fucked me I want to talk to. It does make it easier and I respect RockStar so much just because of that. His game is solid because he pulls more than I do just doing cold approaches. Looks do matter, but it's also about being confident in your own skin.
Never surpass yourself.
Gamble
PUA

Postby Scoundrel » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:29 pm

A big reason I disagree with your findings Rockstar is first, I don't think they are truly scientific. For example, what was your control group? And secondly because of what I've seen in the field. I have had guys with tighter game than mine that were shorter, heavier and balder than me take my girls away.

I'm not saying looks don't matter at all. I am saying it's something that can be over come. In long run being interesting is better than being good looking.

The trouble with your study is that it doesn't take personality into account. It's my feeling that mediocre looks can be compensated for with a dynamic personality. Maybe the football stars are only banging chicks that want to get pregnant so she'll never have to work once her turns pro. Or maybe they're just football groupies. There are some dog ugly musicians that can pull plenty of ass just because they're musicians.

For a good example in real life, look at Duncan North. Duncan North was the obese man that the film the Tao of Steve was based on. The director said he was the heaviest man she'd ever met and also the most successful man with women she'd ever known. I have seen him and he's pretty damn fat. He also had sex with the woman that played Sid in the film. All this I learned from the DVD commentary.

I'd like to address one more point. Each man must find his niche. Some guys are football stars while others are comedians. It's all in how you present yourself and being congruent with your image.
"Tell a woman she can't join your club and she'll do almost anything to get in."

Gracho Marx

Scoundrel
PUA

Postby Tribulus1000 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Gamble wrote:I got laid this weekend by a 32 yo milf, thank you trib... lol.

Yeah. That pretty much settled it for me. Thank you Sir.
Tribulus1000
PUA

Postby RockStar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:31 pm

oh yeah! ok now i get you scoundrel. yes your right that personality counts but having better grooming habits are a sign of higher social value. all i'm saying is that yes being in shape matters...not that it is the holy grail of pu. as for the control....hi i'm the control...and i have hella skill...you met my ex at the bar. I'm just saying my shills get opened a whole lot more by a whole lot hotter chicks. more muscle = more opportunity . so just like BT routines make A2 eaiser. muscles make it easier as well. it not the end all be all just another tool in the box....lmao. tool in the box!

Rockstar
RockStar
PUA

Postby Scoundrel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:23 am

Ah! Then we do not disagree. I never thought didn't matter at all. They do. But, it's my feeling that any man that isn't just like elephant man ugly can still do alright learning this stuff.

Gracho Marx

Scoundrel
PUA

Postby Scoundrel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:48 am

I was thinking about this tonight and I remembered an old friend. He's not a member of the community, but he has some amazing natural game. He works in the film business as a set designer which is how he was able to meet one of his ex girlfriends. I cannot remember her name, but she was in Maxim as one of the top 100 most beautiful women in the world. Now, that's a 10!

My friend isn't rich. His looks are average. He is about 5' 10" and a little over weight and his nose is somewhat big. But, he is well groomed and has a fun personality with a quirky sense of humor. He likes puns and throws them into most of his conversations.

Gracho Marx

Scoundrel
PUA

Postby Tribulus1000 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 am

I created a male shill / decoy recently and he was very good looking. He gets messaged 6 times a week without even doing anything.
I tried sending out a few messages with retarded subject lines like "S'up?" and they all worked.

Looks matter.

But more specifically, the physique matters most. And its just like Men's Health Magazine always says: Lose The Gut.

As further evidence, a friend of mine is on POF now and has a good looking body shot. He gets messaged waaay more than I do.
I can churn out 10-15 messages a day and get one or two replies but he's getting responses on everything.

The bottomline here: This has NOTHING to do with genetics but everything to do with body shape or physique.

Guys are sexy when they have broad shoulders and a narrow waist with no belly fat.

With girls, the formula is thinner girls with good waist to hips ratios and shiney hair. Oh and it helps if they smile too which probably has more to do with acceptance to the other person.

T
Tribulus1000
PUA

PreviousNext

Return to Online Gaming