FR: close but no cigar

Share your exploits & compare notes. Use LR, FR, BJR, etc in title to designate type of report

Re: FR: close but no cigar

Postby IsiMan84 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:45 am

Not sure why you're placing so much value on looks. 'Looking' high value depends more on body language and disposition, not your perceived beauty.

As far as your high standards which for some reason you feel you deserve, if you're talking to all 8's and above and none of them are interested in you, you go home empty handed. If you're talking to all 7's and below and decide you're not into them, you go home empty handed. But at least you get more practice talking to the 7's and below, and actually have a shot at getting with them considering your limited skill set.

You can become selective when you've reached the amount of incoming that facilitates that need. If you're asking us for advice, you're not even close to that point.

Guys who say they are extremely picky, only talk to 10's, blah blah blah, are spending hours a night in the fapcave or are virgins. Take your pick.
IsiMan84
PUA

Postby thelifestylegod » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 am

Seems to me like the original poster has had enough success to only go to a certain category of women. I also agree that going to only 10s is BS, I used to spend 3-4 hours driving around town hunting for 10s and going home empty-handed... not to mention the gas I would waste.

Still, going to every girl is also BS. I know lots of guys who just settle for the ugly ones and they wouldn't approach an 8 or a 9 even if their life depended on it. They have their mindset set on the ones they know they'd choose them and they're not willing to evolve.
Random thoughts on pick-up...: http://www.lifestylegod.com/
thelifestylegod
bAFC

Postby ninjamatt » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

thelifestylegod wrote:Seems to me like the original poster has had enough success to only go to a certain category of women. I also agree that going to only 10s is BS, I used to spend 3-4 hours driving around town hunting for 10s and going home empty-handed... not to mention the gas I would waste.

Still, going to every girl is also BS. I know lots of guys who just settle for the ugly ones and they wouldn't approach an 8 or a 9 even if their life depended on it. They have their mindset set on the ones they know they'd choose them and they're not willing to evolve.

!!!!!
usually starting around Junior high or high school age level, most guys develop an infatuation with what is in his mind an 8 or 9 and it's rare a guy gets the first few girls in his life that he desires, approaches, meets, admires from afar, or whatever. Then he gets discouraged and the more it happens, the lower the grade of women he goes down to settle for. I've had guy friends over the years who look like a 9 and never did better than a 6 b/c of that. In some occasions it took one rejection before they settled for crap and crap was all they thought they could get.

Then opposite scenario is the guy who LTR's or even marries his high school, college, or first job sweet heart in his early 20's and eventually one of the two figures out life is different at 29 then 22 and the relationship goes bust. Put that guy out in the single's field and he's usually a wreck and settles also.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby thelifestylegod » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 am

I completely agree with everything you said ninjamatt - it's all in your head.

A few months ago I met a guy who's really really good looking, but he also has the mindset (he knows about the game etc.). He never settles for ugly girls but he doesn't like clubs with really hot girls, either. He's somewhat balanced with his taste in women and, although he doesn't have a job, he does get laid a lot.

Nevertheless, I think it's harder for good-looking guys to find really hot chicks - I definitely think being ugly is an advantage in this case.

Let's go get'em!
Don
Random thoughts on pick-up...: http://www.lifestylegod.com/
thelifestylegod
bAFC

Postby crow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Hey, y 'all, sorry I couldn't read through all of the posts, here. Blame it on the ADD.

Really solid advice.

Yeah . . . crap. I better keep reading . . .

So far, my add is this: every guy's "nine" is the same. Every guy's "ten" is radically different.

Gimme ten, then I'll conf back and re-edit this . . .
crow
gPUA

Postby crow » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Stellar feedback so far though.
crow
gPUA

Previous

Return to Field Reports