Field Reports: A How-to

Share your exploits & compare notes. Use LR, FR, BJR, etc in title to designate type of report

Field Reports: A How-to

Postby Smirks » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 pm

There is a section of this forum that, quite frankly, is like the red-headed step child of the Dallas Lair. That section would be the Field Report section. I’m sure we all have our reasons for either not using the forum or flat out ignoring anything put there, but I think there are a few changes we could all make to add some benefits to it’s existence.

Field Reports, by definition, is a report of a PUA’s experience in the field, a recounting of the details from a night (or day) of sarging, or a specific pickup experience. A real FR is an essential tool for identifying and analyzing sticking points, and can also be an eye opener for inexperienced members. Things that I see wrong with the posts that currently make it in to our FR section is 99% of them are pointless and vague recounts of what the poster did last night. You’ll have better luck sucking a golf ball through a garden hose than trying to gain anything from these posts. What people NEED to start doing is post about their encounters with the females of our species, detailing the interaction, post what they think went wrong or could have been done better…AND THEN THE FOLLOWING REPLIES NEED TO GIVE FEEDBACK OTHER THAN “good times” or “good post.” A lot of the silly rudimentary problems most new guys here have could easily be solved by this kind of critique. Having trouble thinking of things to say in response to a shit test? There are more than enough sarcastic little shits in this lair, we can load your little brain full of quick snap-backs. Did your DHV story not go over as expected? Tell us and we can figure what can be said differently to illicit the feelings you’re looking for. Go out last night, pull a top notch girl, and think others could benefit by knowing what you did and how you did it? Detail it here, brother.

Something else that needs to be addressed is the potential for KJing and pissing contests. These are easier to spot than you might think, and it’s our job to limit the amount of them. Let’s be honest here, people here aren’t going to think you’re a bad ass by what you post…they are gonna think you’re a bad ass when they meet you and see you’re a bad ass.

Here is my very first field report. I had just read The Game, and was maybe half way through Mystery Method.

[link=http://www.dallaslair.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9817.0#post_9821]http://www.dallaslair.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?9817.0#post_9821[/link]

It’s no longer there, but I posted a pic I made in mspaint to show the set up of the table. I was as descriptive as I could be about the situation, and wanted to know how to handle the seating better. I was extremely noob, but I knew the purpose of posting an FR. I’d also like to point out that the one who gave me the most feedback was also the 1st person I met from this forum, and one of my closest friends made here. His feedback was informative, and positive. That HELPED me.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have a bazillion posts like this one. I’m not calling you out SP, it was just the last one posted that falls right in to what I’m talking about.

[link=http://www.dallaslair.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30483]http://www.dallaslair.org/p/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?30483[/link]

The only thing one can really gather from this is that there were a lot of cheerleaders in the Metroplex this weekend, dancing gets attraction, and you have a bit of a school-boy admiration for the other two guys you were with. What kind of openers did you use? What kind of things did you talk about in the interaction to get these #s and invites to the Stockyards? Do you think the attention you were getting from randomly dancing here and there was positive, or more dancing monkey-like (pun not really intended…I swear.)

The point I’m trying to make is that there hasn’t been many FRs WITH A POINT. If you just want to brag, post it in Off Topic. If you want feedback to actually improve yourself, post the FR.

Looking forward to your REAL FRs,

~Smirks
Smirks

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

i will post more FR's as soon as i can consistenly open and hook sets. right now, i still having this limiting belief that id come off as weird or a creeper for randomly opening sets. what i fail to do is observe a girl's/set's behavior and realize that she WANTS to be opened..

having said that, i thought i did a pretty good job of my first FR about blackfinn a while back...

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:46 pm

[quote1238362983=Prodigy]
i will post more FR's as soon as i can consistenly open and hook sets. right now, i still having this limiting belief that id come off as weird or a creeper for randomly opening sets. what i fail to do is observe a girl's/set's behavior and realize that she WANTS to be opened..

having said that, i thought i did a pretty good job of my first FR about blackfinn a while back...
[/quote1238362983]

The FR from BFinn was done well. You got feedback that (I hope) helped you. You need to go read B R's post on Indifference. Having some indifference in the field will help you over come this worry about what others might possibly think about you in this situation that isn't even reality yet. But, that's not the topic I wanna cover here. : )

Return to Field Reports