GoneSavage with a Community Observation

A collection of the best articles by forum members

GoneSavage with a Community Observation

Postby GoneSavage » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:41 pm

GoneSavage here. Just wanted to drop a quick message to the brothers in Dallas. After another solid year traveling as a freelance flirt and courtship consultant, I’d quietly settled in Austin for a warm winter. That ice storm was certainly unexpected, but the cold front seems to be leaving. As usual, I’m getting that distinct desire for spring flings. The Shaggin’ Wagon took some expensive repairs lately, but she’s ready to go for another tour across Mexico and the Southwest. So with visions of beachside babes and backseat banging, I’m leaving central Texas on Monday.

Before I leave, I’ve got to extend and offer and share an observation. I’ve noticed a shifting trend among the sticking points of most community pick-up artists in the past few months. It took several workshops in several states to put my finger on it. But here it is. The most common sticking point is no longer approach anxiety. Nor is it stiff and contrived body language or forced and passionless conversation. (Though these are the two biggies that workshop training will clear up.)

The biggest sticking point is cynicism. I don’t know how else to describe it, but the community seems to be plagued with this “it’s-not-important” attitude. It’s like this cancer that just eats away at your sense of achieving something that counts.

We must ruthlessly evaluate the things we want and assess their value. Very often I see guys making goals with little value. Guys want to “go out and just see what happens” or “go out and open six sets.” The sad thing about making a goal like this is that it’s easy to obtain. At best, you may become extremely successful at opening. And if that really brings fulfillment, who am I to stop you?

Imagine what would happen if you focused your energy toward something you really want. Same night lays? Spontaneous sex? Threesomes? At least you would be in the process of moving toward something of value. Inch by inch, piece by piece.

Consider this. Why does a goal like weight loss have such a high failure rate? Because people don’t consider weight a critical function of their lives. It would be nice, sure, but critical? It’s only when it becomes critical – your doctor orders you to lose thirty pounds because you’ve developed diabetes – that people act and succeed. If you look carefully at the “before and after” stories of those that lose weight and keep it off, you’ll notice that in each story there is a turning point, a moment where the issue became absolutely central to the way that person functions in the world.

Some fact in their lives forced this act to become critical and the central focus in their lives. There was an absolute value placed on their goal and they allowed nothing to get in the way. The accomplishment of the goal was made black or white, and there was nothing relative about it. Hitting the target became nonnegotiable – it had to happen.

So often we wait for an expert to give us permission to act upon something that is critical to our lives. Weight loss is the perfect example: We go to the doctor. The doctor prescribes loosing pounds as a preventative step to ward off cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure. All of a sudden its like you’re given the go-ahead to start looking after your health.

Stop looking to others to give you permission to go after the targets you want. You are your own master. Stop waiting for the perfect moment. The ideal situation is now. I am a professional pick-up artist and I say so. Is that what you needed to hear? :wink:

Let me mention a quick word about tactics and techniques. Once you decide what you want, find a mentor that can teach you how to get it. Developing pick-up skills like effective verbal and non-verbal communication yield dramatic results when aimed at a specific goal. As for movement, you should become effective first, efficient second. Time and practice will make you efficient once you have been shown effective tactics.

So lose the cynicism, pessimism, and directionless intent. Decide on a goal that is absolutely critical to your happiness; make it your mission to achieve it. Make this the central focus of your time and energy. When your mission unveils smaller obstacles along the way, find people that have faced them already and become their students.

With that said, my last workshop anywhere even close to Texas will be this weekend. I’ve teamed-up with some major talent down here for the experience. Brett and Bruce from Real Dating Results are running the event and will also be presenting. Direct-game badboy Milo’s on board to astound and amaze. Inner-game giant Manish is here to work his magic. And local-hero Herbal’s with us for what I understand is his first workshop since “The Game.” It should go without saying that this is the only time you’ll catch these six A-list seductionists on the same stage stoked for at least 14 hours of intense instruction.

So if you can answer yes to these three questions then you have the spirit you need to take our workshop:

Are you willing to make a choice?
Do you have the courage to start?
Can you make the commitment to see change?

That’s that. Love life. GoneSavage

For this weekend’s workshop go to: www.RealDatingResults.com/Workshop.htm
For the lay reports that got me in so much trouble: http://www.gonesavage.blogspot.com
GoneSavage
wbAFC

Postby Neuromancer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:49 pm

Cynicism is definitely something I need to deal with. I have been working at releasing expectations and I fall into that trap. I hadn't really thought about it until this post. Releasing expectations is important. I don't want to project neediness, but a lack of caring is not the answer. So how do I release expectations without becoming cynical?
Wanna know what I'm thinking about?
www.seductiveman.com

It is better to regret something you have done than regret something you haven't done.
-Jello Biafra

Think Nike
Neuromancer
PUA

Postby Pr0wler » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

I believe there is somewhat of a stagnation in innovation these days in the seduction community. We need to spend more time thinking about sticking points like regret. These concepts that are overlooked are vital areas of game in general, especially inner game... I think we all need to take a step back, assess our goals and achievements, and reevaluate our personal situations in regards to seduction. I read somewhere a quote that is really fitting: "Imitate, Assimilate, Innovate". We are imitating just fine, we can assimilate the techniques just fine, the innovation is what needs to take place to truly achieve all of our deepest desires.

Take GoneSavage's advice and set yourself free. You are your own master. Don't let yourself be your biggest enemy...

Pr0wler
Pr0wler
gPUA

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Duecex,

I posted this online for GoneSavage about a week ago. He took off to San Padre for Spring Break today and will be there for the next 7 weeks.

If you guys get a chance to see him down there, he is absolutely amazing at same day lays.

During the workshop he brought back a HB8 to Project Austin he met on Saturday night and got her to speak in front of the guys the next day.

"Candy" as we called her talked openly about how GoneSavage approached and seduced her and why she felt more comfortable hanging around guys who have skills rather than her own friends.

If you want to read more of GoneSavage's posts, check out his website at www.gonesavage.blogspot.com.

If you want to email GoneSavage directly give me a call and I'll give you his email address. I just don't want to post it here on a public forum.
Deuce
AFC

Return to Best of the Forum