How to get yourself into the Alpha/PUA mindset

A collection of the best articles by forum members

How to get yourself into the Alpha/PUA mindset

Postby Mojo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:05 pm

Walking into the room you spy three set of hotties. Just your type. You’re looking good, good posture; you’re ready to go getta ho. Perfect! But, wait. Why aren’t you approaching? Come on. You are a PUA. You know the skills. Come on! Geesh. Whah? You say you aren’t in the mood? Not in the mindset…..

We all had that experience. Not in the proper mindset. Getting into the proper mindset is crucial when gaming. When I have it I am on fire, when I don’t I am extinguished. First, I would like to share a few techniques that help us get pumped up before finding someone to pump. Then, I would like to invite you to recommend any other techniques not mentioned here. Finally, it would be useful to know which techniques work the best (for you).

1) Using Anchors to attach distinct mindsets somewhere on the body ready to be used when needed. The anchors have to be distinct. One technique I observed a NY PUA using was wrapping a rubber band around his wrist. Each time when he was at the peak of the mindset that he wanted to “save” he would snap the rubber band against his wrist. Then it was just a matter of snapping the rubber band against his wrist to evoke it.

Another NLP technique that I found very useful is using the natural anchors already existing between your mind and body. Get into the correct body position! The body and mind are connected. That is, when you feel down/sad, your body assumes the down/sad position. Even when you are happy, if you slouch your shoulders, look down, and form your body to what it would be if you were sad, your state couldn’t help but change from happy to sad. The reverse, of course, is true. If you remember a time when you were confident or on fire, remember your posture and then emulate it. I have found this immensely useful.

2) Calling up friends and bullshitting while heading to the gaming venue. Shit, your friends are your friends cause they get you in a good mood. Use it. Call them, shoot the shit a bit, and then call another. You will be feeling pumped up and sociable in no time.

3) Blast bouncy, upbeat music when heading to the venue. Have you guys heard of “Sargin” by Turkish? Link here: http://www.myspace.com/turkishdjdave. Good music to get you pumped up… whatever suites you.. hip hop, rock, techno, house… create a CD tailored just for this.

4) Surrounding yourself with high-energy guys that ooze positive energy. The mood of the group has a huge impact. Get some seasoned PUAs together and the group just oozes cool-ness. And when you have that vibe going, girls just gravitate toward your group. The opposite is also true. It is tough when you have a couple of guys just standing and observing. Pick your wingman wisely.

5) Self re-affirmations. I am sexy. I am unstoppable. I am the biggest, baddest pua with the fucking mostest, etc. … When I know I can fuck any girl in the room, I can. Beliefs are a powerful thing.

6) Look good. Make sure clothes are ironed and stylish. Join a gym. You would be amazed how better you sleep at night, how more alive you feel, and how much longer you can pound the ho giving her a feeling of pua heaven. Mrapta had mentioned the following technique he uses when going to the gym:

“Before each gym session, I sit down, close my eyes and picture myself as a yellowing greasy sponge, filled with Anxiety, Fear, Shyness and Inaction. As I work out, I picture the Sponge releasing those attributes and absorbing Confidence and Humour. At the end of the session while I’m in a shower, I picture myself as a brand new lean white sponge filled with Confidence and nothing else.
Not only that, a fair amount of physical movement is VERY important to keep my energy levels up. At least I dont fall asleep while commuting anymore”

Evoking the proper mindset is key to unlock the hearts of HBs. The above techniques help you get it. Now if you can recommend any other techniques have at it! Also, are any of these techniques more useful to you than others? It would be great to know which ones are most effective.

Mojo

P.S.
I originally posted this on fastseduction.com at:
http://www.fastseduction.com/discussion ... 8970&fid=8

It has also been re-published at:
http://randomape.wordpress.com/2006/11/ ... a-mindset/
Mojo
PUG

Postby Mojo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:23 pm

I remember on Friday (1/26) at the Sarge meet, I told a couple of guys that they can get ANY girl they want. Which they can if they know the skills and have the mindset.

Long ago, when I first heard this directed to me, I thought, "Bull shit!". It was not in my reality. And YOU must make it your reality before it is. If you go in a club with the mindset that any girl in this room would be so lucky as to go home with you that night, and BELIEVE IT, not just think it, the results will be mind blowing. Though you must have the inner game to believe it, to KNOW it.

Don't just think you can. KNOW you can.

Mindset is key.
Mojo
PUG

Postby omgdallas » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 pm

GREAT post mojo.

As for self affirmations one thing I do when I get scared or whatever is VISUALIZE all the girls in my past that wanted me, or I fclosed, or could have fclosed if I wasnt such an AFC.

I totally block out any girls that I didn't succeed with, they are not in my reality.

So what it is is like a super positive mind stream of my successes with women, it is VERY powerful for me.
omgdallas
AFC

Inner talk

Postby eagleman90 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:36 am

Talking to yourself and re-affirming you are the best thing for woman is a very powerful technique. Keep a positive attitude.
eagleman90

Postby V » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:23 pm

Another thing I like to do before I go out is do a couple of sets lifting dumb bells. After I'm done lifting weights, my blood and testosterone are pumping and I feel unstoppable. Helps more with the physical aspect because I noticed after I'm done, I stand straight up and my walk changes.
V
rAFC

Postby Pr0wler » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 am

Music for me is the biggest mind set altering aspect of my "Get Ready" stage. It doesn't matter how shitty of a day I have, if the music is blaring before i go out sarging, then ill be on the entire night.
Pr0wler
gPUA

Postby Mojo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:49 pm

When starting off, there is one set which was way out of my reality. I was in the correct mindset until the routines I were running were more effective than I could ever imagine. I ran this waaay back just in a few months after learning a little MM. One HB9 (HB10 to most of you - I do not exaggerate my HBs) was in the middle of 4 huge, muscle bound, use to lock little nerds in the locker alpha types. Two of the guys were playing pool (My friend and I had next game) while the other two leaning in the girl. All four were interested in the girl and giving her more attention than she deserved, leaning in, hanging on her every word. tsk. tsk. I walk up, open the group with some routine, lightly neg the girl and ignored her attempts to give me her opinion as I talked to the guys. She was no longer center of attention and it was making her fume. Ha! Soon after she said “Why don’t you go back to your friends?” in a condescending manner. I chuckled, said “cute” and continued engaging the Alpha males who were by this time my new, cool friends. I left a little later on my own terms to meet my friends. Two minutes later, the HB9 comes up to me and says “You were rude”… but I could tell she was interested. We fluff briefly and I went back talking to my friends. Soon it was our turn at pool. As my friend racks the balls and about to break, the HB9 takes the pool stick from his hand and says “I am playing him”. I tell him, “Dood, you gonna let her do that?” With a “what the fuck are you crazy go play the girl” kinda look, I go ahead and play the girl. He was fucking amazed at what was happening here. While shooting pool I AMOG a couple of the alpha guys in a friendly manner. This incredible HOT BABE was into me and at the time was outside of my reality. I didn't believe I was good enough for her. I was not in the right mindset. And so I didn’t pursue it by isolating which would be the next step. I was freaked out. Shit! This stuff works! Mystery Method is REALLY designed for the hottest of the hot, 9’s and 10’s. That’s where the beauty of it shines.

Anyhow, you MUST believe you are the most bad ass, pua with the mostess. If you KNOW this and not just think it, you will be on fire. No girl is over you. I do hope some of you have this same experience of realizing girls you thought were out of your league are well within it. Discovering that you can have ANY girl is a good feeling.
Mojo
PUG

running

Postby moz » Thu May 10, 2007 1:28 am

doing a quick 2 mile jog ~4hrs before going out makes a big difference for me.

Moz
moz
AFC

Re: How to get yourself into the Alpha/PUA mindset

Postby Mojo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:35 pm

This post made it to growyourgame's Best Forum Threads:

http://web.archive.org/web/201010250358 ... m-threads/

"Do you ever feel crappy on a night out? This thread from the infamous Dallas PUA Forum has some great techniques for getting into the party mindset when you feel like rolling over on your couch and dying. We’ve all been there, and this advice will help you wake up and smell the glory."
~ growyourgame.com
When in doubt, go caveman
Mojo
PUG

Return to Best of the Forum