PUA Reality Series, Episode #1: Chronicles of a Closer

A collection of the best articles by forum members

PUA Reality Series, Episode #1: Chronicles of a Closer

Postby IsiMan84 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 am

What's up guys it's IsiMan84, bringing reality to your front door.

The art of the close, it's an elusive one. The thing most guys fear, though, are the ups and downs.

Sometimes you win:

And sometimes you lose:

Then again you might win:

But mostly you lose:

And even when you win, you can still lose:

But one thing's for sure, you won't win from losing. Or from not playing at all.

So...I'm sure most of you joined this forum because:

1) Some girl wronged you and don't want to make that mistake again. Take that, Caitlin.
2) Your left forearm looks normal, and your right one looks like Popeye's.
3) You want the same women famous guys get, without having the money, power, looks, etc.
4) You want a girlfriend.
5) You just want to bang.

You might say it's #1 or #4, I might tell you it's #3 just to be nice, when really we both know it's #2 and #5.

Therefore I need to explain the life of a true closer.

Some of you may tell me you want to take her to a bunch of dinners because you see her as girlfriend material. Or you don't want to move things too quickly or show her you have a spine because that might scare her away. Regardless of the goal or the reason, the steps needed to close are the same ones necessary to attract and/or keep a girl.

It's as easy as ABC:

Always
Be
Closing

While this is quite the simple instruction, it seems to get lost in the execution. You want the girl, but when the opportunity presents itself you balk, and you balk hard. Why? Because you're not taking it to the hole hard enough. There's no such thing as a half-assed close. Either you get what you want or you don't.

What many of you don't know, is that it's a lot easier to see where you're at with a girl if you push for some type of result. K-close, HJ-close, BJ-close, F-close, DP-close, whatever. Show her you have cojones. Going for just a number is cool and all but it doesn't really establish anything. How many guys do you think she gave her number to that night? If you want to set yourself apart, don't puss out and instead go for the close. You won't be penalized for showing interest. And in the event she's not interested, you just saved yourself a shitload of time/dates/money/whatever. If you think filling her stomach with shrimp-stuffed lobster will make a huge difference in how much she likes you, then stop watching rom-coms on Lifetime. Seriously. There's a better chance of compliance on her end after sleeping with you, because she already made that physical/emotional investment.

You'd be surprised how far you can get with a girl if you actually press the issue. If you take the easy way out and go for the number, the worst that could happen is you never see her again. If you go for the close and fail/succeed, the worst that could happen is you never see her again. Yes that's correct, whether you go for a number or fail or succeed it really doesn't change the worst-case scenario. The only difference is that you actually gain something from the situation when you succeed. You banged a chick and never saw her again, woe is you. But...if she decides down the road that your penis was a gift from the gods or the other guys were armless children in comparison, she'll come back.

But I've noticed a few guys who will have that opportunity for a close and completely piss it away because he decided she didn't meet his ridiculous standards, or some other BS reason he came up with. Admit it, you got stage fright. If you're starting out in this game, the reality of the situation is you're gonna have to hop on a few less-than-desirables from time to time. Don't walk around thinking "boy I've been doing this for two whole weeks, 8's 9's and 10's will be eating out of my hand in no time" because it's not going to happen. You need to be getting your reps in with the ones you actually CAN get at the time, so that you know what the hell you're doing when you finally do pull one of your 'ideal' girls.

Otherwise, I would recommend shifting to name brand lotion. Not sure Equate will do it for you.
IsiMan84
PUA

Re: PUA Reality Series, Episode #1: Chronicles of a Closer

Postby hustler » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 am

Solid post.

Is there a section on the forum where we can post our victory photos?
hustler
AFC

Postby relax » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

A+++ post. Would read again. Also, don't try icy hot. On a more serious note, I am trying to shift over to being a closer. I realize guys that have been doing this for a while all have been saying that same thing about closing but it wasn't until I had sunk in a bunch of hours into multiple day 2s last week that I realized that I would rather not waste time.
relax
gPUA

Postby voyager » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 pm

hustler wrote:Is there a section on the forum where we can post our victory photos?

"Field Reports" would be the right place. May want to blur/obscure faces. But who wants to look at faces anyways, amirite?

Personally, I prefer Vaseline for men with vitamin e.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby voyager » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:08 pm

<shameless plug>

Also you can post victory pics on the group text message app (see the thread in the events section for details). :D

</shameless plug>
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Man if we start posting Vic Pics this group chat is going to go off the rails!
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Good read, I will refer to this thread in the future I'm sure.

In general I agree with the thought of ABC (Always Be Closing). I have definitely seen guys talking to girls for a long time, afraid to do anything because they are afraid to ruin the interaction. I know when I first started, I wasn't used to talking to beautiful women who I just met 5 minutes prior being really into me. The last thing that I wanted to do was to ruin it by physically escalating or showing interest.

Specifically is where you and I diverge as far as ABC is concerned. I don't always go for the pull. In most instances I don't go for the pull unless all lights are green logistics-wise. To be certain, I believe a bigger problem is not showing intent toward their goal more-so than the ability for people to close in critical moments. Most guys that I've seen act like an androgynous being until getting the number, then when they get the girl on the date, they will still wait until the end of the night before springing all physicality on her. Then they will text me something along the lines of "When I went for the make-out she turned and gave me her cheek. What happened?"

As a guy who gets numbers, I still have man-to-woman communication verbally and non-verbally. I have the strong eye-contact, talk to them closely, good br tonality and all the other physical subcoms which show that I am interested in this girl that I'm talking to. When I do get the girl out on a day 2, or when I throw her into social circle, I show increasing interest and slowly increasing kino. I am a big believer in the ten-hour rule which says to treat the interaction as if it were going to last ten hours. In other words, take your time. When we do the horizontal 2 step it feels like a release of tension as opposed to a rushed decision.

I feel that going for the whole enchilada too quickly makes it look like you haven't had sex in a while. Too use a baseball analogy, I prefer to put to put men on base and move them into score position instead of swinging for the fences. To borrow a phrase from Isiman84, "most guys are failing because they are bunting for the fences - hoping to score, when they are barely using their bat." To that I say, use your bat gentlemen, use your bat.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 am

Pretty interesting stuff there. One thing I don't think you realize is that some guys can't go down levels in women just for a quicker fuck b/c it doesn't scientifically work. I've picked up women , I thought I could get hard for and I couldn't. For instance, some may look good in their tight jeans, when the jeans come off it's not so good.

Whats up with these pics you have? Are you wanting the forum to think you are banging them? You'll have a better chance if you do your legs pic in the same bed the women are in at the same time. The headboards are a different finish. And the bed the girls are in is only big enough for one person to sleep. Also, have some covers over them showing the girls actually came out of their shirts. Rarely do they fuck, then put all their clothes back on, then go to sleep in a different bed. Maybe that's not what you were going for? And is it really cool to post sleeping girls pics on a message board? That's kind of creepy brah.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Khaos » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Agreed. I don't think we should be posting photos of girls on the boards, it may end up costing you a headache later on if she finds it.
Khaos
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Ninjamatt I thought you went away. Apparently you resurface just long enough to hate. I think its already been proven that you have little to no credibility in terms of being able to attract women. If you are still living in Arkansas, why are posting on the Dallas boards?
Triumvirate
PUA

Next

Return to Best of the Forum