Should I have used a wingman???

Open PUA discussion

Should I have used a wingman???

Postby Kool » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Howdy,

I am new to this site and joined last week. I went to the August 23rd meeting in uptown and meet some really cool dudes and learned a few things. After the meet we went out to a local bar and practiced what we learned. I saw two cute girls and approached them (The first and only set I had approached all night). I'll try and keep this short and leave most of the details out of it. About 30 minutes goes by and me and the set are getting along great. In fact I had to fight off two other guys that tried to step in and take them away from me. At one point they asked if I was here with some friends, I said yes, but they are around here somewhere and nowhere in site. Finally, I grabbed one of the guys from the meet and asked him to join us. We all chilled for a moment, one of the girls left to either go to the bar or go talk to another dude, I have no idea. My current follow wing-man then asked "should he stick around" being it was just me, one other girl, and him. I said no, I can take it from here thanks. He left. The other girl came back after my wing-man left. Then they wanted to go to another club and that they wanted me to go with them. "Do any of your friends want to go"? they asked. I said no.

So, here is the question: Should I have taken a wing-man with me?

(At this meet there were in my eyes different levels of Players in our group. The good ones were already in a conversion with other sets as we were leaving. I said no because I didn't want to risk the chance of taking a less experienced player with this set and potentially losing the set that was already going very well.)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Kool
AFC

Re: Should I have used a wingman???

Postby Triumvirate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am

I saw the whole thing go down. My question is... what happened when you went to the next venue? Did you escalate? Did you try to pull and the friend blocked? Did you take her home and make sweet love while the friend watched. Need some details!
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:25 pm

To the next venue? The answer to your last question would be, "I can check, if you want me too"

You have to portray 2 different facial expressions in that case to give the best chance to succeed. One would suggest no, the other would suggest you have one available that would like to go. If you know how to read the girls, or the target , or whatever you are pursuing to get to the target, you will know what they want to do even if they hesitate to answer
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm

To the next venue? The answer to your last question would be, "I can check, if you you want me too" or just "I can check" , or "I can check if you really need me too" . You can structure your sentences based on the situation.

You have to portray 2 different facial expressions in that case to give the best chance to succeed. One would suggest no, the other would suggest you have one available that would like to go. If you know how to read the girls, or the target , or whatever you are pursuing to get to the target, you will know what they want to do even if they hesitate to answer
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:09 am

Ninjamatt,

Did you even read the post? Your response would suggest that you didn't. Two different facial expressions to give you the best chance? You're starting to sound like one of those creepy pick-up guys bro.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am

Yea I read it. It's not being creepy it's displaying more than one personality. Women do it in interactions all the time. In his case, he would have an expression like he's sincerely wondering if they want one of his friends to come. Then he gives the expression that, no it's just him, like he's confident he doesn't need his friends and the girls don't want the friends tagging a long anyway.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:53 am

I will admit his story is difficult to follow though
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Tribulus1000 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Ok I'll throw in my 2 cents....

The answer is probably not. Here's why....
You could see if your target was asking because she was nervous or if she felt her friend needed someone.
However, it sounds as if you handled yourself quite well. You should probably just go over some common scenarios in your head and have some kind of response and the direction you want to take things.
A wingman won't really save you when things are going bad. If you're running out of things to say or you want to escalate; a wingman won't really help.

(If you introduce her to another girl, then perhaps it might actually help)

A good wingman, if there is one, is only good for occupying the obstacle. They can't really help with much else. When it comes to that stuff, less is more.
Too many big egos or even guys who mean well but can't quite pull off the social thing...you know the kind of guy...he's weird.
You think its cool to introduce a girl to your friend and he stands there like a dunce or conversely, he talks over you and wants all the attention. He's a set stealer. Anyone know anyone like that?

That leaves only one answer.....

The Wingman can go find his own girls. You control your girl...that's it. Just say out loud "I really like your friend here."
Or ask your girl if you two can be alone. That's pretty much it. If she likes you enough, she will go with you. Or at least you will get a phone#.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me. Bring it on!!!
Why should I listen to you when you don't even get laid?
Tribulus1000
PUA

Postby fizzloren » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:29 am

its seems a nice forum
great discussion

thanks for sharing
pass4sure http://www.pass4sure.ca
leather4sure-leather coats for women leather4sure-leather coats for women
leather4sure-leather coats for men leather4sure-leather coats for men
leather4sure-leather hats leather4sure-leather hats
fizzloren
wbAFC

Postby Kool » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Triumvirate wrote:I saw the whole thing go down. My question is... what happened when you went to the next venue? Did you escalate? Did you try to pull and the friend blocked? Did you take her home and make sweet love while the friend watched. Need some details!

What happened next is we went to a different bar that of course was packed and loud. The two girls that I was with were both cute. I had my eye on one of the two girls (will call her girl #1, the other girl #2). By the way I am new at forums, so please excuse my sentence structure.
To sum it all up I made out with #1 (girl #1 wanted me to make out with girl #2 to see who was a better kisser, shit you not, but, before I could do that girl #2 vomited in the trashcan and no way was that going to happen). I walked them to their car and grab both numbers at the end of the night.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Kool
AFC

Next

Return to General Discussion