Nick Hoss reveals "Reading List" of dating techniques

Open PUA discussion

Nick Hoss reveals "Reading List" of dating techniques

Postby LSNickHoss » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey all, I've compiled a list of reading materials and articles for all you aspiring to get better at dating. Wanted to make this available to more than just the students we have here at Love Systems. This is nothing but pure content, articles, and infield videos that will give you some insight into cultivating stronger dating skills. The link is below: 

http://www.nickhoss.com/reading-list/

Send your thoughts, comments, what I should add, or take away from the list in the comments. Hope this helps. Cheers.

-Nick Hoss
LSNickHoss
wbAFC

Re: Nick Hoss reveals "Reading List" of dating techniques

Postby voyager » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 pm

I am not at all surprised to see that the reading list recommends Love Systems stuff exclusively. Wanna get them hooked on being spoon fed techniques I guess. If that's what you want - that's fine. But that's not the only way to go about this.

For people stumbling upon this thread, I've found that "rationalist" blogs tend to be the most focused on actual self-help AND giving it away for free.

"The Science of Winning at Life" Sequence on LessWrong:
http://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/The_Scie ... ng_at_Life

"How to Be Happy" article:
http://lesswrong.com/lw/4su/the_science_of_happiness/

A list of a metric fuckton of books on social skills, if you wish to read a few books:
http://tinyurl.com/SocialSkillsMap
(In it, there's a link to a hypothesized "sequence" of necessary social skills)
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Khaos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 pm

voyager wrote:I am not at all surprised to see that the reading list recommends Love Systems stuff exclusively. Wanna get them hooked on being spoon fed techniques I guess. If that's what you want - that's fine. But that's not the only way to go about this.

For people stumbling upon this thread, I've found that "rationalist" blogs tend to be the most focused on actual self-help AND giving it away for free.

"The Science of Winning at Life" Sequence on LessWrong:
http://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/The_Scie ... ng_at_Life

"How to Be Happy" article:
http://lesswrong.com/lw/4su/the_science_of_happiness/

A list of a metric fuckton of books on social skills, if you wish to read a few books:
http://tinyurl.com/SocialSkillsMap
(In it, there's a link to a hypothesized "sequence" of necessary social skills)

Thats kind of weird, why would you need a book on social skills? They come normally to people.
Khaos
PUA

Postby Triumvirate » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Maenad,

I, for one, am tired of your armchair quarterback bullshit. All you ever post is "this is weird" "that is weird" "naturals know how do that already" You know what's weird? People dispensing knowledge and never coming out to apply their knowledge and skills in the field. Until you come out sarging with us, don't offer up any advice.

Don't make excuses. Come out and sarge or shut up.

That is all.
Triumvirate
PUA

Postby voyager » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 pm

maenad wrote:Thats kind of weird, why would you need a book on social skills? They come normally to people.

Most people don't have a conscious awareness of it, and therefore fail to get any better. Especially folks who see themselves as "competent" - they will actively refuse to improve their life in any way. But of course, most people overestimate their own abilities in a very big way.

The worst that could happen by reading a book on social skills is that you get nothing out of it. So, what do you have to lose?

There is absolutely no shame in self-help, or even seeking out help from others.
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Postby Khaos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

voyager wrote:
maenad wrote:Thats kind of weird, why would you need a book on social skills? They come normally to people.

Most people don't have a conscious awareness of it, and therefore fail to get any better. Especially folks who see themselves as "competent" - they will actively refuse to improve their life in any way. But of course, most people overestimate their own abilities in a very big way.

The worst that could happen by reading a book on social skills is that you get nothing out of it. So, what do you have to lose?

There is absolutely no shame in self-help, or even seeking out help from others.

I believe in being practical, if its unnecessary than why bother doing it in the first place? Example: I assume you' ve been through college. You take classes that are going to be of no benefit to your career. Are those classes not a waste of time, due to the fact that they are inapplicable to your career. I would have to say yes.
Khaos
PUA

Postby Jke22 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:09 am

Voyager, much thanks for those excellent links and resources. Even If I 'had it all figured out', I would still hope to find it to be beneficial (Ralph Waldo had a neat quote on those who claimed to have it all figured out). Always something to learn, to better yourself. As a disclaimer: I am far from an expert, but I learn something new every time I go out and with each social interaction and with each new, beneficial information that I can apply, not with women solely, but in my life--which often gets lost in this seduction/pick-up/'dating techniques' business. And let's face it--It is a business; every purported mPUA and his blind mother is trying to make money off this stuff, so its good to have a wealth-full of free resources, too.

Are you claiming that all people, from all walks of life, have the right social skills to succeed in life and with women, regardless of upbringing, experiences, etc?

maenad wrote:I believe in being practical, if its unnecessary than why bother doing it in the first place? Example: I assume you' ve been through college. You take classes that are going to be of no benefit to your career. Are those classes not a waste of time, due to the fact that they are inapplicable to your career. I would have to say yes.

When is your boot camp? I could always learn something from the budding Tyler Durdens of the world. Also, not sure how your analogy is relevant, or how 'reading to gain social knowledge' is impractical...which reminds me, this forum requires a whole bit of reading, so can you tell me how it is relevant and practical to the betterment of your social life?
Jke22
AFC

Postby Khaos » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:04 am

Jke22 wrote:Voyager, much thanks for those excellent links and resources. Even If I 'had it all figured out', I would still hope to find it to be beneficial (Ralph Waldo had a neat quote on those who claimed to have it all figured out). Always something to learn, to better yourself. As a disclaimer: I am far from an expert, but I learn something new every time I go out and with each social interaction and with each new, beneficial information that I can apply, not with women solely, but in my life--which often gets lost in this seduction/pick-up/'dating techniques' business. And let's face it--It is a business; every purported mPUA and his blind mother is trying to make money off this stuff, so its good to have a wealth-full of free resources, too.

Are you claiming that all people, from all walks of life, have the right social skills to succeed in life and with women, regardless of upbringing, experiences, etc?

maenad wrote:I believe in being practical, if its unnecessary than why bother doing it in the first place? Example: I assume you' ve been through college. You take classes that are going to be of no benefit to your career. Are those classes not a waste of time, due to the fact that they are inapplicable to your career. I would have to say yes.

When is your boot camp? I could always learn something from the budding Tyler Durdens of the world. Also, not sure how your analogy is relevant, or how 'reading to gain social knowledge' is impractical...which reminds me, this forum requires a whole bit of reading, so can you tell me how it is relevant and practical to the betterment of your social life?

Yes, Social skills come normally to most, including myself. I don't teach others, I have no interest in doing so. Nor do i care if some guy is successful with women, its irrelevant to me. I could not care less what they do to get girls. I do me, and i'm not worried about what other guys or what they do.
Khaos
PUA

Postby ninjamatt » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:36 pm

maenad wrote:
Jke22 wrote:Voyager, much thanks for those excellent links and resources. Even If I 'had it all figured out', I would still hope to find it to be beneficial (Ralph Waldo had a neat quote on those who claimed to have it all figured out). Always something to learn, to better yourself. As a disclaimer: I am far from an expert, but I learn something new every time I go out and with each social interaction and with each new, beneficial information that I can apply, not with women solely, but in my life--which often gets lost in this seduction/pick-up/'dating techniques' business. And let's face it--It is a business; every purported mPUA and his blind mother is trying to make money off this stuff, so its good to have a wealth-full of free resources, too.

Yes, Social skills come normally to most, including myself. I don't teach others, I have no interest in doing so. Nor do i care if some guy is successful with women, its irrelevant to me. I could not care less what they do to get girls. I do me, and i'm not worried about what other guys or what they do.

Meanad, you may not care about the success of others. Some of these guys come here b/c they do care. They come b/c they themselves are where they want to be, but they want to help others get there, or get closer.

It's kind of like this gorgeous model from the United Kingdom that was writing as a Pen pal to a Death row inmate. It all started b/c she felt she could make a positive impact in his life. As Tim Tebow says, if you have an opportunity to make a positive impact in a persons life, it's your obligation to do it.
ninjamatt
PUA

Postby Khaos » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

[/quote]

Meanad, you may not care about the success of others. Some of these guys come here b/c they do care. They come b/c they themselves are where they want to be, but they want to help others get there, or get closer.

It's kind of like this gorgeous model from the United Kingdom that was writing as a Pen pal to a Death row inmate. It all started b/c she felt she could make a positive impact in his life. As Tim Tebow says, if you have an opportunity to make a positive impact in a persons life, it's your obligation to do it.[/quote]

You should not feel obligated to do things for others, you owe no one nothing in life unless they have done something for you. If someone does me a favor, then I am glad to to return the gesture to them because I am not fond of manipulation(use and abuse them mentality). I prefer situations, where I benefit along with the other person. Everyone's happy that way.

This mentality goes over to "why should I take a girl on a date and pay for her food when shes not my girlfriend, i don't owe her shit'.
Khaos
PUA

Next

Return to General Discussion