Good TED Talks

Open PUA discussion

Good TED Talks

Postby Tribulus1000 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:19 pm

www.ted.com/.../amy_cuddy_your_body_lan ... u_are.html

This is gold. The part about being alpha and calm at the same time relating to two hormones, testosterone and cortisol. Really cool they actually can raise one and lower the other.

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did. Thanks to Rockstar for finding it. :wink:
Why should I listen to you when you don't even get laid?
Tribulus1000
PUA

Re: Good TED Talks

Postby hustler » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 am

Wow this is crazy...I was planning on posting this exact same TED talk! There is a lot of value in being interested in subjects outside of pickup and knowing how to apply those concepts to other areas of your life.

As an anecdote to support the content in the video: I went out on Wednesday and was just not 'feeling it' I was tired, didn't really want to be there but you can't not sarge on Halloween. I went into a bathroom stall, stood tall and put my hands my hips for two minutes. Placebo effect or otherwise, it worked. I walked out to the dance floor feeling good, amoged a dude to isolate a girl, made out with her/fingerblasted. We now have a brain hack for helping get in state...Increased testosterone, higher tolerance to stress and lower risk aversion. It's good to remember that the converse is just as important. The study referenced in the video talked about the negative effects of weak body language.

Very nice post
hustler
AFC

Re: Good TED Talks

Postby voyager » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 am

Your link is dead, but this one works:

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your ... u_are.html
To be added to the DallasPUA groupchat:
1. Read the Group Chat FAQ
2. Download and set up the GroupMe app (it's free)
3. PM me or Triumvirate your contact info (that you used to set up GroupMe) to be added to the group chat
4. Any questions? See step 1
voyager
PUA

Return to General Discussion